When they are sending blitzes every play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When they are sending blitzes every play

and your receivers don't even expect the ball or turn around until they are 10 yards downfield you have a problem.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

You know what’s wild, last year we beat the blitz so well. I wonder what changed….

Comment

Originally posted by Williejay View Post
      You know what’s wild, last year we beat the blitz so well. I wonder what changed….
      I do blame the staff for not changing anything, but last year against the blitz was the same. Throw screen passes or ask Hurts to use his legs. I remember all the talk last season being that Hurts’s one weak spot was against the blitz. Numbers bear it out too, Hurts was 27th in EPA/play.

I wonder if there’s an issue with Hurts not being comfortable with the hot reads we all want to see? Have to try something at this point though. Can’t do the same thing for a third year in a row.
      Last edited by art vandelay; 01-16-2024, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I do blame the staff for not changing anything, but last year against the blitz was the same. Throw screen passes or ask Hurts to use his legs. I remember all the talk last season being that Hurts’s one weak spot was against the blitz. Numbers bear it out too, Hurts was 27th in EPA/play.

I wonder if there’s an issue with Hurts not being comfortable with the hot reads we all want to see? Have to try something at this point though. Can’t do the same thing for a third year in a row.
        This shit show was on coaching. Search Youtube for Hurts vs Blitz. There is a video of Muuch asking him to identify the blitz and the hot read pre draft. He knows football. His dad was a fucking coach.

Tell me you weren't watching a TV this season and couldn't just call out the plays.

Kurt Warner broke out every play the Eagles run on offense - mid-season (youtube). It's 4 plays and levels. No hot's, no run blitz breakers, just 4 plays with receivers at levels. Shit played in high school.

Coaching need to go. Analytics need to go. Play football.
        Last edited by inkdrop; 01-16-2024, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by inkdrop View Post

This shit show was on coaching. Search Youtube for Hurts vs Blitz. There is a video of Muuch asking him to identify the blitz and the hot read pre draft. He knows football. His dad was a fucking coach.

Tell me you weren't watching a TV this season and could just call out the plays. Kurt Warner broke out every play the Eagles run offense mid-season (youtube). It's 4 plays and levels. No hot's, no run blitz breakers, just 4 plays with receivers at levels. Shit played in high school.

Coaching need to go. Analytics need to go. Play football.
          Cool. Hurts was bad against the blitz last season too.

I don't know what analytics have to do with anything, but they were one of the few things this team did right this season, and actually something the Eagles do better than the rest of the league. I really hope analytics don't "go."

Comment

I don't know what analytics have to do with anything, but they were one of the few things this team did right this season, and actually something the Eagles do better than the rest of the league. I really hope analytics don't "go."
            Yep.

That's coaching. If the coaches just want him to improv, shit works when he is healthy. When you just don't build in a couple hots vs blitz... ? That's coaching.

Comment

What are analytics?

If analytics say go for it on fourth and 1 or 1.5 because you can run a tush push, they did a hell of a job.

If analytics means maximizing the efficiency and results from every player on the field, I’d say they did jack shit.
              Last edited by RSE; 01-16-2024, 02:17 PM.

Comment

How do run analytics on an 18 game season with continuously changing staff and players? It makes sense when a sports team plays 150+ games. But investing in analytics for football.... A third of the roster is gone tomorrow.... coaches gone... and what... reset?

Comment

If analytics is involved in assessing possible draft candidates, I’d say they’ve achieved jack shit with that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

What are analytics?

If analytics say go for it on fourth and 1 or 1.5 because you can run a tush push, they did a hell of a job.

If analytics means maximizing the efficiency and results from every player on the field, I’d say they did jack shit.
                    The former. Approaching 3rd and 4 or less as 2-down territory, going for it on 4th and 1, not running the ball on 2nd and long, not punting when you're in no man's land, proper use of timeouts. Overall aggressive approach on 4th down.

I really doubt they're using analytics in assessing draft candidates.

Comment

Analytics say you should have read and responded to that article RSE posted about the Eagles HS offense.

It’s a guide.

Comment

AJ Brown apparently is the only player on the roster who can run a quick slant.
                        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                          AJ Brown apparently is the only player on the roster who can run a quick slant.
                          HAHAHAHAHA,
                          According to the analytics - Seems so. And only when we wanna win.

Comment

Working...
                          X