Forehead will give the Smirker another year to redeem himself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forehead will give the Smirker another year to redeem himself

3 playoffs and a super bowl appearance. Someone has to take the fall; I'm thinking one or both of the coordinators.

If it gets him another year Sirianni will throw everyone and anyone under the bus he can.

I believe if he survives there will be plenty of players in the locker room who will wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
      3 playoffs and a super bowl appearance. Someone has to take the fall; I'm thinking one or both of the coordinators.
      Lurie’s M.O. is to do this sort of move methodically. This collapse happened so fast (to an outsider like me at least) I don't think he could be fully prepared in investigating the ramifications of potential hires. I could see them (Lurie/HowLo) forcing new coordinators on Sirianni for a year while putting him on notice.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Honestly this team has been a house of cards all season. Even in our wins, we won mostly despite ourselves so I am sure Lurie was already feeling the wheels falling off from jump. Things just fell off a cliff worse than ever but they were never a good team all year baring a few decent wins.

I don't see how Sirianni can survive this. The team clearly quit. They played with no emotion, no passion, no desire ... nothing. They tuned him out period. He lost the team there is no two ways about it and it is so evident. Even Ray Charles can see it.

Comment

Both the Co's gatta go,,,no ifs ands or buts...Nick showed he can rally the team and have them ready to play...When he had 2 decent Co's the team did well,,and hey Gannon was no world beater but he looks like football Einstein next to the guy we have Now...and the Offense has looked like shit since the NE game....the whole defensive staff must be replaced..the tackling must be cleaned up...I can't watch this defense play at all!
          Last edited by TRENT; 01-16-2024, 05:31 PM.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
            Both the Co's gatta go,,,no ifs ands or buts...Nick showed he can rally the team and have them ready to play...When he had 2 decent Co's the team did well,,and hey Gannon was no world beater but he looks like football Einstein next to the guy we have Now...and the Offense has looked like shit since the NE game....the whole defensive staff must be replaced..the tackling must be cleaned up...I can't watch this defense play at all!
            Normally I would agree that a coach should stay after his record, 3 playoff appearances and 1 Superbowl appearance and nearly a SB win, but in this case, you can tell the entire team including vets quit and that is a reflection on the HC. Not even our best players played well even they were just going through the motions. That's when you know the HC is totally tuned out.

Comment

One of those "three playoff appearances" was last night, which was the low point in my 40 years of watching this team. That's no resume enhancer. In two of his three appearances, Nick's teams were hands-down the worst team in the postseason, and both were dead on arrival when the team plane landed in Florida.

Yeah, he made a Super Bowl, and he deserves some credit for that. But so do Steichen and Gannon, a really favorable schedule, and two creampuff home playoff games against Daniel Jones and whoever the 49ers equipment manager was that played quarterback that day. I don't like minimizing an NFC Championship season, but if we're using that as the basis for keeping a guy who just exposed himself for being completely incapable of adjusting to any set of circumstances, whose offense looks like it's never seen a blitz on film before on a weekly basis, we need to look at the 2022 season in context.

Replacing coordinators in the hopes that they'll be able to mask the Head Coach's glaring deficiencies is beyond stupid. If you get really lucky and hit on them, and the Eagles go deep into the playoffs, you're likely to lose one or them both in a year. If you get another BJ and/or Desai, which is far more likely (especially on offense, since the OC will still be running Sirianni's pathetic, one-dimensional "system"), you've pissed away another season and you're right back where you started... only with your supposed franchise QB even more screwed up than he is now.

There's no upside in bringing Sirianni back. He's shown you his flaws, and they're fatal flaws. If he's the coach next season, you might as well get a head start on your 2025 mock drafts.
              Last edited by The Duck; 01-16-2024, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I am pretty sure AJB quit on the team the week he went silent. He wasn’t at the game yesterday supporting the dudes and he’s a captain. I saw he scrubbed eagles shit off his twitter and now there is a Vegas line for AJB next team.

Comment

At the end of the season the Eagles were the worst team in the NFL. In the whole motherloving league. He made less with more talent than any head coach I can think of. In any other industry (maybe not Hollywood) he’d have been fired already. How has he earned another year, one where he has no job security at all?

Belichick’s team was ass for the last few years, but they never stopped playing hard. Vrabel was fired but not before the Titans put Doug’s team out. Hell, Lovie Smith and the Texans refused to cooperate with the tank last season and wound up with CJ Stroud.

Really the Cardinals game was the lowest point. With second seed in our grasp and scoring 31 points, the Cardinals walked all over our incompetent defense. After that the Eagles were simply waiting for the erection of the green screen.

Comment

Working...
                  X