Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When it drags out like this, is it better for the prosecution or the defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it drags out like this, is it better for the prosecution or the defense?

Where the hell is Johnny Cockslag when you need him?

Sean Considine
    Na Brown

Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
    Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
    Loving you both is breaking all the rules

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
      Sean Considine
      Na Brown

Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
      Loving you both is breaking all the rules
      HAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Speaking of prosecution, and I’m going Overbrook here, but what are the odds that there was somebody on the Rust set who will testify that he or she saw Baldwin pull the trigger? That’s why Baldwin had played every card and pulled in as many favors as possible to stop an indictment. Unfortunately he’s yesterday’s news. He made his bed, and now he will sleep in it.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          Speaking of prosecution, and I’m going Overbrook here, but what are the odds that there was somebody on the Rust set who will testify that he or she saw Baldwin pull the trigger? That’s why Baldwin had played every card and pulled in as many favors as possible to stop an indictment. Unfortunately he’s yesterday’s news. He made his bed, and now he will sleep in it.
          Is he claiming the gun was handed to him cocked and it malfunctioned? It sounds ridiculously odd. If he assumed it was a blank, he still had to pull the trigger eventually to get the blank to behave like a real gun for the scene?

I wanted to pull the trigger, and would have, but it malfunction first by chance!

He needs to get slapped with a little extra something if it comes to that.

Comment

Better for us getting two 3rd round comp picks when a team hires Brian Johnson

Comment

Seriously though... they met today, and there hasn't been a word. If Lurie had already decided he was keeping Nick, they'd have leaked it to Burger King by now.

I think Nick might actually be in trouble. And if Brian Johnson's hands really were tied all year, and he wasn't responsible for glaring failures on offense (countering the blitz, primarily), he may be the one taking over.

The radio silence at this point would seem to suggest that something is up.

Comment

I agree that the fact there have been no leaks is not good for Sirianni.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                  Seriously though... they met today, and there hasn't been a word. If Lurie had already decided he was keeping Nick, they'd have leaked it to Burger King by now.

I think Nick might actually be in trouble. And if Brian Johnson's hands really were tied all year, and he wasn't responsible for glaring failures on offense (countering the blitz, primarily), he may be the one taking over.

The radio silence at this point would seem to suggest that something is up.
                  Hm. I kind of thought it was the opposite. A coach keeping his job a year after reaching the Super Bowl isn’t really a story. Not much to leak. I would’ve thought we’d hear something by now if his job were in danger.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Hm. I kind of thought it was the opposite. A coach keeping his job a year after reaching the Super Bowl isn’t really a story. Not much to leak. I would’ve thought we’d hear something by now if his job were in danger.
                    True, if we’re not taking the most spectacular collapse in franchise history into account.

Comment

There are 11-6 seasons, and then there are 11-6 seasons.

i’d have thought we’d have heard already if he were coming back.

The mere fact that he even has to deal with this must really piss Lurie off. His face at the Tampa Bay game was not that of a disappointed man. It was that of a really pissed off man.
                      Last edited by RSE; 01-20-2024, 04:58 AM.

Comment

McCarthy job is saved and Sirianni job is saved... Lurie will have a sit down with Howie and Sirianni and tell them both how we could fix this? The draft?? New coordinators changes, FA moves?

Sirianni/Howie----Yes sir Mr. Lurie we will take care of it.

Sirianni- ---Mr. Lurie and Mr. Roseman sir could I get you your coffee sirs.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

There are 11-6 seasons, and then there are 11-6 seasons.

i’d have thought we’d have heard already if he were coming back.

The mere fact that he even has to deal with this must really piss Lurie off. His face at the Tampa Bay game was not that of a disappointed man. It was that of a really pissed off man.
                          There's some truth to what Art is saying, obviously. If he's coming back, of course you're not going to hold a press conference or make an official statement. At that point, no matter what words come out of your mouth, the only thing people will hear is "we thought long and hard about shitcanning this sonofabitch, but we're going to give him one more chance to not fuck this up". That might be how Jerruh operates, but it's not how they roll at NovaCare. Fine.

But to not acknowledge what the hell just happened and take the "Of course he's back. Why do you ask?" approach is straight up gaslighting. Like, Dennis Rodman getting caught by Carmen Electra with two girls in his bed and pretending they weren't there gaslighting.

If you're keeping Nick, leak it to Howard, get it out there and put out the fire. You can hold your press conferences when you bring in your new coordinators.

But pretending nothing just happened is just utterly fucking tone deaf.
                          Last edited by The Duck; 01-20-2024, 12:07 PM.

Comment

If Nick stays they will just leak it to Schefter and call it a day.

a team statement that “Coach is staying” is some Jerry Jones shit, I don’t see them addressing it if that’s the case

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                              But pretending nothing just happened is just utterly fucking tone deaf.

Didn't Lurie give Chump and Pederson 5y deals? I'm not sure what is Sirianni contract. Also, Gomer and Chump finals seasons under Lurie were putrid. I think Lurie saw that the Eagles were 10-1 with a couple of wins away from being the #1 seed again, and that's why I think Sirianni is coming back.

Lurie is thinking about the collapse part and want answers from Sirianni. At some point the players input have to be heard and taken seriously..

Comment

Working...
                              X