Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theory

Well as we know, Brian Johnson is gone. I've read a few articles and opinions that he is a bit of a scapegoat here. The players and some of the coaching staff are not in favour of this firing. The articles hint that it was Siriani's scheme that was the issue. If that is the case, and Siriani was in charge of this offensive scheme as would make sense, he is not for long with this team. The players will see what he has done and will have a hard time getting respect from his players.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

I don't blame all of the iggle problems on just 1 coach,,But the OC and DC had to go...I don't see it as much as scape goating; as the guy basically was calling the same game plan for 8 weeks straight and we lost 6 of those games...How many opportunities did we have to close out a game with a 4 min drive? AKA the Cards game....we couldn't make 1 lousy 1st down after an onsides kick...Johnson sucked as far as I'm concerned..His game plan against the Bucks was ignorant. Not one pass between the hashes all game....Must have been nice for the Bucs. Lets see what we have 8 games into next year..this crystal ball shit isn't for me.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

My hypothesis is that it is the MBNFLQC* is ready to welcome Jalen and Tua to their fine ranks. Bryce Young, Mac Jones (apparently being criticized as a prima donna now), AJ McCarron (despite his gf), Greg McElroy, and even Richard Todd. Bama QB's don't amount to shit with the exception of dinosaurs Namath and Stabler. Maybe Saban QBs or Alabama program QBs don't listen to coaching because they have so much talent around them or something.

*Mediocre 'Bama NFL Quarterback Club
      DB

Comment

He's probably been given the option on staying on so long as he gives full command of the offense to the new OC. Coach as figurehead only. The role of puppetmaster is above his pay grade.

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
          Well as we know, Brian Johnson is gone. I've read a few articles and opinions that he is a bit of a scapegoat here. The players and some of the coaching staff are not in favour of this firing. The articles hint that it was Siriani's scheme that was the issue. If that is the case, and Siriani was in charge of this offensive scheme as would make sense, he is not for long with this team. The players will see what he has done and will have a hard time getting respect from his players.
          I've seen it too, mostly coming from that Honest NFL dude, who appears to be disgruntled former Eagles scout.

We know Nick was calling the plays in his first season and it went terribly. He turned the playcalling over to Steichen, and things significantly improved in '21, then took off and got them to the Super Bowl in '22. Did Steichen just call plays, or did he install his own and expand the playbook? And when he left, did Sirianni strike Steichen's additions and go back to his own failed '21 playbook?

Knowing what we all think we know about Lurie and Roseman, do we really think they'd have been cool with that? The meddling control freaks narrative really doesn't mesh well with the idea that they hand picked an offensive coordinator and allowed the HC to micromanage and hog-tie him with a playbook that was a proven failure, in a Super Bowl or bust season where they just gave the QB a quarter billion dollar contract, no less.

We've been bitching about the nonsensical offensive scheme since week one (a few bright spots aside), and the bitching got orders of magnitude worse after that clusterfuck of a last series against the Jets that culminated in a 3rd & long desperation pass being picked for a TD (after two clock killing runs). Was Sirianni micromanaging from the start? Did he take over deeper into the season? Because the idiotic tendencies were there all the way through, from New England to the Tampa debacle. It's impossible for me to believe that this was all Sirianni's proven failure of a playbook, and that Lurie/Roseman never intervened at any point in the season (like was done with the defense) and got the message to Nick to let his OC do his damn job.

Point being, there's no logical way Brian Johnson escapes all responsibility for the offense's lack of a cohesive game plan. Neither does Sirianni, obviously (one of the reasons I wanted him fired). But all indications are that Brian Johnson was an overmatched rookie coordinator who never should have been given the keys to the offense on a team with real Super Bowl aspirations, especially when you consider how important Steichen was to the team's success, and how ineffective Sirianni proved to be as a playcaller in 2021.

Literally everyone is to blame for what happened. I'm not buying this poor, victimized & scapegoated Brian Johnson stuff for a minute. He needed to go... and go he did. I'm glad he's gone.
          Last edited by The Duck; 01-24-2024, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X