VIC FANGIO on his way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIC FANGIO on his way

Parted ways with Miami and is interviewing with the Eagles, per Shefter.

Next Eagles DC

Comment

Just reported a deal is going to be signed, he has not even got here yet. Tell me this was not planned.

Comment

Right bring in the dude that was hired to scout and help us during the SB last year when our D fell apart lol and the Dolphins D wasn't anything to write home about right. Oof.
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Not what I was hoping for.

Comment

Fangio's defense has been around forever. It's predicated on getting the pass rush going and playing man coverage. So what is the issue we have? We have zero talent at the CB, Safety and LB position that can play coverage. If this is our choice then Howie your ass is up to bring in some serious personnel to help out or I don't see how this is much of an upgrade. Not hating just being realistic.
            Last edited by Spartan92; 01-24-2024, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
              Fangio's defense has been around forever. It's predicated on getting the pass rush going and playing man coverage.
              I thought his scheme is mostly zone, shell coverage daring the defense to run. It is the same defense that Gannon(and many others) run.

While I think the league has figured out the scheme, it does seem to work better under Fangio himself. He was actually consulting during most of the 2022 season and the defense was much better than 2021(while also adding CJGJ and pre-washed up Bradberry which helped).

Don't love the move, but don't hate it either.

Comment

Fangio's defense has been around forever. It's predicated on getting the pass rush going and playing man coverage. So what is the issue we have? We have zero talent at the CB, Safety and LB position that can play coverage. If this is our choice then Howie your ass is up to bring in some serious personnel to help out or I don't see how this is much of an upgrade. Not hating just being realistic.
                That’s OK because there is a ton of defensive talent to be had in free agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

I thought his scheme is mostly zone, shell coverage daring the defense to run. It is the same defense that Gannon(and many others) run.

While I think the league has figured out the scheme, it does seem to work better under Fangio himself. He was actually consulting during most of the 2022 season and the defense was much better than 2021(while also adding CJGJ and pre-washed up Bradberry which helped).

Don't love the move, but don't hate it either.
                  Makes sense for the sacks but I was sure he mostly plays man and yes he kinda invites the run and bails to a man coverage but no argument with you at all. Was kinda hoping for something fresh and new but time will tell.

Comment

Who would any of you rather have ?

Comment

Didn’t he give up like 100 to Baltimore? If you are going to run a bad defensive scheme why not have the guy who invented it as the DC. Between a castrated head coach, a lousy defensive plan, a sulking QB and a lack of youth and speed on the roster put together by the untouchable GM, what could go wrong? I said this after Seattle, lean years ahead.

Comment

Right bring in the dude that was hired to scout and help us during the SB last year when our D fell apart lol and the Dolphins D wasn't anything to write home about right. Oof.
                        ​​​​​​
                        I thought this right away...he's long in the tooth,,,is he going to connect with a younger defense..I still Like Rivera better...but once again..we don't decide.
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Miami's defense was obliterated by injuries. They lost their top two edge rushers (Philipps and Chubb) to the IR, they only had two linebackers active by the end of the season (one of them was pulled from the PS), Howard was injured and missed the Chiefs game, their top two safeties were banged up. I don't care about the Dolphins either way, so I'm not going to make excuses for why they sucked down the stretch, but you can only lose so many starters on one side of the ball. It's a minor miracle the Chefs only hung 26 on them in Kansas City.

When they were mostly healthy, the defense played well.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post

I thought this right away...he's long in the tooth,,,is he going to connect with a younger defense..I still Like Rivera better...but once again..we don't decide.
                            I prefer Rivera too, but there's a solid continuity case to be made for Fangio. Plus, he already knows a lot of the guys in the building, so there will be considerably less turnover in staff.
                            Last edited by The Duck; 01-24-2024, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                              Miami's defense was obliterated by injuries. They lost their top two edge rushers (Philipps and Chubb) to the IR, they only had two linebackers active by the end of the season (one of them was pulled from the PS), Howard was injured and missed the Chiefs game, their top two safeties were banged up. I don't care about the Dolphins either way, so I'm not going to make excuses for why they sucked down the stretch, but you can only lose so many starters on one side of the ball. It's a minor miracle the Chefs only hung 26 on them in Kansas City.

When they were mostly healthy, the defense played well.
                              Yep. And that defense was noticeably better this year prior to injuries.

Comment

Working...
                              X