Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoever the OC will be, Hurts needs

to be under center.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Agree. Even if it’s 30’% to 50% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
      They didn’t even attempt to keep the defense guessing this season. Hurts in shotgun, Gainwell in the backfield = pass play 90% of the time.
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        "Even" if it's more than any other team in the league?

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

You are being an ass. We were 32nd in the league being under center. Dead last. He never said go 100% in the other direction.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

You are being an ass. We were 32nd in the league being under center. Dead last. He never said go 100% in the other direction.
            Understood. I agree with 3I that it's something they need to at least...do. Should have specified that.
            Last edited by art vandelay; 01-25-2024, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

We can admit that it helps the defense being in shotgun every play.

I feel that Jalen has a bum knee and he wasn’t comfortable taking the 3 or 5 step drop this season.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

We can admit that it helps the defense being in shotgun every play.

I feel that Jalen has a bum knee and he wasn’t comfortable taking the 3 or 5 step drop this season.
                  Oh, I agree with you. I think I saw they threw one playaction pass from under center last season. Too predictable.

My post was in response to the idea that they could go to 30-50% under center, which would put them among the league leaders.

Comment

Oh, I agree with you. I think I saw they threw one playaction pass from under center last season. Too predictable.

My post was in response to the idea that they could go to 30-50% under center, which would put them among the league leaders.
                    For context, when we were talking about Billy Jim Scooter, I went and sampled some of Indianapolis' offense on Youtube, specifically looking for snaps where Mineshew was under center.

I saw exactly one (1) play, against Baltimore.

It's a shotgun happy league right now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

For context, when we were talking about Billy Jim Scooter, I went and sampled some of Indianapolis' offense on Youtube, specifically looking for snaps where Mineshew was under center.

I saw exactly one (1) play, against Baltimore.

It's a shotgun happy league right now.
                      Jordan Love under center against Dallas was a thing of beauty by LaFleur.

Comment

Yeah it was. It's bizarre to me that we're pining for something that was basically the primary formation within very recent memory. But here we are.

The fact that we're seeing high profile examples of it still working probably means we'll see more QBs under center next season. The NFL is a copycat league, and it always will be.

Comment

What’s wrong with being among the league leaders under center?

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

Jordan Love under center against Dallas was a thing of beauty by LaFleur.
                            It’s too bad that at the crucial moment against the 49ers he lost his head. He was outstanding against Dallas and SF. Honestly he’s the closest thing to Mahomes I’ve seen, the way he makes all the throws and plays with almost nonchalance.
                            Last edited by RSE; 01-26-2024, 09:47 AM.

Comment

He said his bad traits before the game is throwing back across the field…pressure to make a play there got to him unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X