Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don’t taunt the football gods like Dan Campbell did

and expect to get away with it.

I (and I’m sure a lot of you) could see this coming from the first time he decided to give up a chance to add points.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

This new wave of aggressive bullshit where numerous points are left on the field because coaches want to get cute and go for it on 4th and 2 or 3 really adds to the numerous other things that are making the NFL borderline unwatchable
    Last edited by birds586; 01-28-2024, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I thought the mistake he made was taking the points to end the half.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        That's where Doug would have gone for it.

Comment

I agreed with that decision because they had all the momentum, their attack was rolling at that point and it gave them a three-score lead going into halftime. I didn't want them to give the Niners ANY momentum going into halftime. With a three-score lead they just had to just match the Niners in the second half and everything turned to shit from the moment he gambled and lost the first time....and then he doubled-down and did it again when a very makeable FG would've tied the game in the waning minutes. I feel so bad for Detroit fans to lose a game in that matter...freakin' brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

That's where Doug would have gone for it.
            To quote the great David St. Hubbins from Spinal Tap: "It's such a fine line between stupid, and.clever".
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

To quote the great David St. Hubbins from Spinal Tap: "It's such a fine line between stupid, and.clever".
              So true.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post

I agreed with that decision because they had all the momentum, their attack was rolling at that point and it gave them a three-score lead going into halftime. I didn't want them to give the Niners ANY momentum going into halftime. With a three-score lead they just had to just match the Niners in the second half and everything turned to shit from the moment he gambled and lost the first time....and then he doubled-down and did it again when a very makeable FG would've tied the game in the waning minutes. I feel so bad for Detroit fans to lose a game in that matter...freakin' brutal.
                Understood.

The run on 3rd and goal, forcing them to burn a TO, really got me. The game was probably over anyway, but they went from having a slight chance to stop SF and get the ball back to relying on an onsides kick, which is borderline impossible these days.

Comment

Understood.

The run on 3rd and goal, forcing them to burn a TO, really got me. The game was probably over anyway, but they went from having a slight chance to stop SF and get the ball back to relying on an onsides kick, which is borderline impossible these days.
                  Absolutely terrible call.

Comment

Understood.

Yeah, that was another MAJOR Phuck-up. I can't stand the Forty Whiners and KC Swifties so this SB holds zero interest for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X