Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the worse meal/ food you were served growing up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the worse meal/ food you were served growing up?

Mine: Nothing says we’re poor, broke and/or lazy like bake beans with sliced up hotdogs in it!

WTF!

Liver...yuck
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Either okra or the Greeks have this dish that is basically peas that are made into a paste that literally would stick to the plate and not fall off if you tilted it. They'd chop onions and throw them on top with olive oil. Retch inducing.

I loved baked beans with hot dogs! We used to have fried bologna or fried Spam with mac and cheese when I went away to school. I liked that.
      DB

Comment

Head cheese. I win.

Comment

I came from a real Italian family,,,
          so whatever I decided to eat,,never what I was served..I'd say Spaghetti O's, anything chef Boyardee...
          Mom was an amazing cook, raising 3 boys alone doesn't leave much time to cook...But when she did it was always restaurant quality....Spoiled in a sense.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
            Head cheese. I win.
            Ugh. Livin’ low of the hog. How does it compare to liverwurst?
            Liverwurst was another WTF moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              Liver...yuck
              Liver and onions… come on now. That’s livin’ large!

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                Either okra or the Greeks have this dish that is basically peas that are made into a paste that literally would stick to the plate and not fall off if you tilted it. They'd chop onions and throw them on top with olive oil. Retch inducing.

I loved baked beans with hot dogs! We used to have fried bologna or fried Spam with mac and cheese when I went away to school. I liked that.
                Oh, you poor bastard… I love okra! Cut okra tossed in olive oil with sal and pepper and then broiled or grilled.

There is no such thing as bad Greek food.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                  I came from a real Italian family,,,
                  so whatever I decided to eat,,never what I was served..I'd say Spaghetti O's, anything chef Boyardee...
                  Mom was an amazing cook, raising 3 boys alone doesn't leave much time to cook...But when she did it was always restaurant quality....Spoiled in a sense.
                  I would take bake beans and hotdogs over Spaghetti O’s. Never had it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

Ugh. Livin’ low of the hog. How does it compare to liverwurst?
                    Liverwurst was another WTF moment.
                    My dad ate that shit for lunch regularly for years. He grew up in the Depression in coal country the son of Italian immigrants. His diet was not for the faint of heart.
                    Last edited by RSE; 02-10-2024, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

Oh, you poor bastard… I love okra! Cut okra tossed in olive oil with sal and pepper and then broiled or grilled.

There is no such thing as bad Greek food.
                      okra is the only food that is both hairy and slimy. Blech.

And you are correct on Greek food. But as for fava, go ahead, knock yourself out.

Authentic-Greek-Fava-recipe-Yellow-Split-Peas-Puree-3-1536x1308.jpg
                      DB

Comment

take your pick:
                        Dinty More pot pie
                        Fried pork butt (the cured stuff sold in tubes) and baked beans

Comment

Probably when dad lost his job during the great depression.................

Trashproblem-tdt-081420-1-1024x1024.jpg
                          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

We had the dreaded dogs in beans and liver & onions. My dad and aunt would get that at restaurants. How about scrapple?
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Lots of hots dogs, cept mine came in the shape of a smiley face on top of mashed potatoes haha fancy when we had ham/spam cubes on top of mac n cheeses instead

Also tuna casserole once a week.

oh, forgot topic...I actually didn't mind these...i'd take'em over all the baked beans.
                              YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Working...
                              X