Justin Fields for a 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Fields for a 6th

That apparently we couldn't agree on compensation for and we get Pickett for a 3rd hahahaha usually Howie is the dude doing the screwing but this one is strange.

Neither are world beaters but Fields seems to have way more upside and had more dysfunction to work with. I know he would want to be a starter and there would be a QB contraversy so maybe that is why they didn't want a new Wentz / Hurts situation but a 3rd and a 6th is a huge difference in price.

Fields for a 6th round that turns into a 4th round if he plays 51% of the snaps this year. His salary is $3.2m in 2024. If Pittsburgh picks up his 5th year option, Fields salary will be $25.7m in 2025.

Pickett for a 3rd round and the Eagles get back a 4th round (dropping back 22 spots). Eagles also give up two 7th rounds in 2025. His salary is $2.2m in 2024 and $2.2m in 2025.

Eagles apparently liked having a back up for 2 years as opposed to one year.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
      Fields for a 6th round that turns into a 4th round if he plays 51% of the snaps this year. His salary is $3.2m in 2024. If Pittsburgh picks up his 5th year option, Fields salary will be $25.7m in 2025.

Pickett for a 3rd round and the Eagles get back a 4th round (dropping back 22 spots). Eagles also give up two 7th rounds in 2025. His salary is $2.2m in 2024 and $2.2m in 2025.

Eagles apparently liked having a back up for 2 years as opposed to one year.
      Ya I just saw the 5th year option number. Guess I really shouldn't doesn't Howie on his trades. Easy for Pitt to fit that number in since Russ is on a 1 year deal. Not too bad of a move having a QB with a low cap number but he really was shit lol There were a few other options out there but who knows could be a good QB2

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Ya I just saw the 5th year option number. Guess I really shouldn't doesn't Howie on his trades. Easy for Pitt to fit that number in since Russ is on a 1 year deal. Not too bad of a move having a QB with a low cap number but he really was shit lol There were a few other options out there but who knows could be a good QB2
        Eagles got an experienced, young QB as a backup on a very inexpensive salary which allowed the Eagles to allocate money towards FA’s. Plus, the Eagles have a chance to develop Pickett into a comp pick in 2026 and recoup draft capital.

Comment

Howie got the better deal, we dropped 22 spots, theb7the rounders next year mean nothing. Pickett is a better QB than Fields any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
          X