No announcement yet.

Mumula Mitchell covered who at Toledo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only man in the world who thought Jalen Reagor was a better prospect than Justin Jefferson is always going to have his skeptics.
    Last edited by RSE; 04-28-2024, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      The only man in the world who thought Jalen Reagor was a better prospect than Justin Jefferson is always going to have his skeptics.
      I'm sure you mean Howie, but I was a big Reagor booster in 2020 too. I bought into the "slot guy" garbage with Jefferson.

You have to give him credit for nailing the next two years, though. They have the best 1-2 combo at WR in franchise history, only four years after the Reagor fiasco (and extended both of them before Lamb, Jefferson, or Chase). Howie absolutely made it right.

Comment

See here’s the thing. You being wrong is not an excuse for Howie being wrong. I can be wrong, say about Shipley, but I don’t get paid to evaluate and hire talent for an NFL team. Nor do you. Howie does. He is literally paid not to fuck up in hindsight. If he, in hindsight, fucks up, he wrecks his company. “Oh, who would you have hired for coach/coordinator/GM/QB” is irrelevant. I’m not paid to make those decisions.
        Last edited by RSE; 04-28-2024, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          See here’s the thing. You being wrong is not an excuse for Howie being wrong. I can be wrong, say about Shipley, but I don’t get paid to evaluate and hire talent for an NFL team. Nor do you. Howie does. He is literally paid not to fuck up in hindsight. If he, in hindsight, fucks up, he wrecks his company. “Oh, who would you have hired for coach/coordinator/GM/QB” is irrelevant. I’m not paid to make those decisions.
          I get it. That's why I stopped putting the time in and geeking out like I used to. With that, I stopped getting too emotionally involved in players I want. I still have my opinions, but I know exactly what they're worth.

One thing I appreciate as a fan is that Howie, cocky as he may be, isn't too proud to learn from his mistakes. Everybody is going to miss with these picks, and they're going to miss on most of them, but I don't see Roseman making the same stupid mistakes over and over (like Andy did for years). One of the reasons I'm so happy about Mitchell is, I totally expected Howie to pull another Andre Dillard and take the 5th or 6th best OT available. I love that he strayed from his usual course of building through the lines, even with Lane's end clearly in sight, and took a player in a position group he's never taken before in Round 1, who has an excellent chance of contributing right away. He's done a hell of a job of growing into a legit GM and trying to make impact moves to keep the team elite without sacrificing seasons to rebuild or retool. With me, he's earned some trust in his decision-making. Not blind, Stepford trust, but enough to be content to let his moves play out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I get it. That's why I stopped putting the time in and geeking out like I used to. With that, I stopped getting too emotionally involved in players I want. I still have my opinions, but I know exactly what they're worth.

One thing I appreciate as a fan is that Howie, cocky as he may be, isn't too proud to learn from his mistakes. Everybody is going to miss with these picks, and they're going to miss on most of them, but I don't see Roseman making the same stupid mistakes over and over (like Andy did for years). One of the reasons I'm so happy about Mitchell is, I totally expected Howie to pull another Andre Dillard and take the 5th or 6th best OT available. I love that he strayed from his usual course of building through the lines, even with Lane's end clearly in sight, and took a player in a position group he's never taken before in Round 1, who has an excellent chance of contributing right away. He's done a hell of a job of growing into a legit GM and trying to make impact moves to keep the team elite without sacrificing seasons to rebuild or retool. With me, he's earned some trust in his decision-making. Not blind, Stepford trust, but enough to be content to let his moves play out.
            I agree with what both of you are saying and I also stopped dorking the draft sometime around 2017.

This draft approach reminded me of past failures… more leaning towards great character guys, focus on potential physical traits, small schools, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Well if he has learned he has to get the LB position right and is not afraid to bruise Dean’s confidence by bringing in a pro-ready manster, then Howie is all right with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                Combine Star. History repeats.

Discuss.
                When you promise your significant an hour of pound town but you bust after 15 pumps…that’s called “given her the Mamula”.
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

When you promise your significant an hour of pound town but you bust after 15 pumps…that’s called “given her the Mamula”.
                  Haha

Comment

Working...
                  X