Shipley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipley

Pumphery v. 2. Jesus fuck. I’ve seen him play several times live and on television. Another Reno Mahe.

Clemson bought a bill of goods when they recruited this guy. Oh and he fumbles the ball too.

Comment

At least HowLo traded down to pick him
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Left school a year early because he was going to lose the No. 1 tailback position at Clemson to a bigger stronger faster back Phil Mafah.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          Left school a year early because he was going to lose the No. 1 tailback position at Clemson to a bigger stronger faster back Phil Mafah.
          I thought he graduated in 3 years with a 4.0 GPA.
          Moderator at philaphans.com

Comment

Originally posted by BelmontShore View Post

I thought he graduated in 3 years with a 4.0 GPA.
            That's correct.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

That's correct.
              it is irrelevant as he had a year of eligibility left and could have taken it.

I’m not wrong on Shipley.

Comment

Has OneGear ever had a play over 10 yards?

Comment

You might not be wrong about how he'll pan out in the NFL, and I'm not even defending the pick, except that he's an Eagle now and I want him to do well.

But unless he publicly said he was foregoing his last year of eligibility because he thought Mafah made him obsolete, there's no way of knowing his motivation. When you look at the profiles of the two, they look like complimentary backs with different skill sets. Shipley got himself in a position to be a relatively high draft pick and got his degree in three years. Declaring for the NFL draft at the point is a perfectly sensible career choice. If it was my kid, I know that's what I would strongly advise him to do.

Comment

Working...
                  X