Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lurie has to be done with Sirianni after that.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurie has to be done with Sirianni after that.

Lurie believes in analytics. Almost every big decision Sirianni made yesterday went against analytics.

1:00 left in the first half, Hurts hits Goedert for a big gain. 2 TOs left. Sirianni doesn't call one. They waste like 15 seconds before the next pass falls incomplete.

Failed fake tush push. The analytics say to kick the FG here. Even if you convert, you call your final TO, and the Saints just drop everyone back on the shot to the end zone.

4th down to start the 2nd half. This is the one decision that analytics agree with. Lurie will live with this if the other decisions are consistent with analytics.

Missed 60 yard FG. The analytics say to punt here. If you're thinking FG, why not run a QB draw for some easy yards on 3rd and 11?

Not calling TO with 2:40 left. This was egregious. By letting the clock run so close to 2:00, you allow the Saints to either run or pass. If you call a TO at 2:40, they'll just run the ball into a stacked line. It is possible that they wanted to let the Saints score fast if they scored at all, but you'd expect to see an all-out blitz if that's the philosophy.

Lurie is paying an analytics staff to advise Sirianni. If he doesn't listen to them, and he doesn't run the offense, why the hell does Lurie want him here? This is to say nothing of the dumb procedural penalties. I thought Sirianni took too much heat for the player's mistakes last week, but this was a coach doing everything he could to give a game away.

The HC almost lost them the game yesterday. A game where the offensive play calling was good enough, the defense was definitely good enough….them winning the game may have literally saved Sirianni’s job, even though it was in spite of him

Comment

He knows he is toast, you can see it in his eyes. I thought it was interesting that when Carter was acting up on the sideline at the end of the game and Nick injected himself into the situation it looked like he was ignored.

Comment

You can't be a "boss" or a Head Coach when you are friends with the employees. He's a fanboy. The players will start to run the place and lose respect for him. Now I know it's a different era, but do you see Parcells getting ignored, or ech.... Bellichek? Nope. Siriani is dead man walking.
        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

I’m convinced that Sirianni called the fake tush push because he realized he fucked up again and was hoping Saquon would get around the end and bail him out. Problem was, as he might have expected, the Saints were willing to give up the yard and played to deny the touchdown. The only downside to the win was that the useless bum lived to coach another day.

Comment

Working...
          X