I’m going to take a wild guess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m going to take a wild guess

And say I’ll bet the Sirianni Out Now crew here are the same ones of us who were crying for FF out and Chip out when everyone else was saying give them time.

Not trying to cause a schism but I don’t understand the thinking that firing Sirianni now, like Lurie should have done in January, is giving up the season when Keeping Sirianni is giving up the season. He’s a dead man walking, and if he can’t win the NFC with the window apparently being shut on San Francisco, he should go.
    Last edited by RSE; 10-10-2024, 07:27 PM.

Comment

You aren't wrong and yes he should go whether it was January or now no matter what anyone says this is 100% correct.

But I do remember so many defending Dougie like he we as an offensive genius and QB whisperer and many others were giving more credit to Reich and DeFilippo working so well together as a trio and struck lightning in a bottle.. Now Dougie can't get that chick QB in Jax to barely win a game and will be looking for work soon as well. Same with Sirianni, it wasn't him that had anything to do with our SB run. Steichen was the mastermind to that offense that is why the minute Steichen left Hurts started to play shit. Yes we started 10 - 1 but Hurts look shit doing it.

Point being that coordinators are more important than people give them credit for. Sirianni is not a leader of men, period. Who the fuck plays rock, paper scissors to make important draft decisions. Bum should have been let go with the whole staff in January and that is in Lurie and Howie.

Comment

I was out on both FF and that Winnie the Pooh looking m-f'er. I appreciate effort but respect results. They failed. No respect. Get 'em out.

I'm less out on Sirianni than I am on Hurts. I think Hurts is never going to get back to what he was two years ago. I think the scheme we (yes, I did) were running then leveraged his legs which are no longer there. One simple read for him. Now his running is not what it was and he has to be a drop back passer. Can't do it. I had this criticism of 5 when he lost his mobility too, but he was wayyyy better at reading a defense than this moron.
        DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
          I was out on both FF and that Winnie the Pooh looking m-f'er. I appreciate effort but respect results. They failed. No respect. Get 'em out.

I'm less out on Sirianni than I am on Hurts. I think Hurts is never going to get back to what he was two years ago. I think the scheme we (yes, I did) were running then leveraged his legs which are no longer there. One simple read for him. Now his running is not what it was and he has to be a drop back passer. Can't do it. I had this criticism of 5 when he lost his mobility too, but he was wayyyy better at reading a defense than this moron.
          Agree with this. I'm all the way out on Hurts. If you can't process, you can't play the position. He can't process, and hasn't taken a single step toward showing he can learn to do it. And he no longer has the athleticism (ridiculous, considering he's only 25, but glaringly, obviously true) to mask his weakness as a quarterback. He's on the exact same career trajectory as Wentz, but he's actually a little worse.

Sirianni can go too, but I don't really care if he goes mid season or in January at this point. You can't win with this broken down version of Jalen Hurts flailing about in a real pro-style offense, I don't care who the coach is. The only chance for this season was to somehow get him on the bench and luck into a QB who can read a little bit with McKee, like the Niners did with Purdy. And that was a one in a thousand chance you had before Howie went and traded draft capital for a guy who's already proven he can't play the position in Kenny Pickett. Now, the chances of having anything that resembles a real pro QB this season are near zero.

This feels like another Dream Team season to me. Another big off-season putting together an expensive, patchwork team that has no idea how to play together... around a fatally flawed QB who's drowning in Kellen Moore's playbook.

You'd honestly be better off spending Sundays re-watching The Sopranos... which I'll probably start doing after they make Cleveland look like a real team on Sunday (and you know they absolutely will).

Comment

Another thing that baffles me is that Hurts “isn’t comfortable” under center so they can’t run a bunch of stuff. I mean WTAF?

Discuss: cbssports.com says the Browns will win due to defensive pressure rendering Hurts into Hapless.

DB

Comment

I have been hesitant to be down on Hurts because I can’t forget 2022 and the first half of 2023. But I’m beginning to get there. This organization needs an enema. Lurie’s deepest regret as an owner will be not shitcanning Sirianni in January.
              Last edited by RSE; 10-11-2024, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Another thing that baffles me is that Hurts “isn’t comfortable” under center so they can’t run a bunch of stuff. I mean WTAF?

Discuss: cbssports.com says the Browns will win due to defensive pressure rendering Hurts into Hapless.

This^^^^

He was under center for the first quarter of the first game. Since then, what the hell? Reminds of how McNabb always had to fake a handoff when he dropped back even when it was 3rd and 17.

Comment

I stood with AR till the bitter end,,and when he did leave it wasn't feelings of Joy or happiness; now when chip got fired was the 1st time I felt proud of the owner...Nick will be here till the End of the season and I hope he gets things turned around,,,Vic gets this defense playing well...not great but well...this team has a chance to be good.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

This often happens, but I think people are overreacting how Hurts looked without the two most important players on offense (AJ Brown and Lane Johnson), and without Devonta Smith taboot.

This offense runs through the weapons, not through the QB. I'll say that with everyone back, Hurts will have a good game this week. I do think it will help that the opposing QB is unspeakably horrible.

Comment

Working...
                    X