No announcement yet.

The King of Rohan Says Fly Eagles Fly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The King of Rohan Says Fly Eagles Fly!

Arise! Arise, Eagles of ‘Delphia! Pads shall be shaken, masks shall be splintered! A run day... a pass day... ere the sun rises! Fly now!... Fly now!... Fly! Fly to Brady and the Pat's ending! Sack! Sack! Score! Forth, Philly Eagles!

The great General Patton has a word for the Birds:

Now, I want you to remember that no team ever won a game by quitting on their coach. They won it by making the other poor dumb team quit on their coach.

Men, all this stuff you've heard about Eagles not winning a ring, choking in big moments, is a lot of horse dung. Eagles, traditionally, love to win. All real Philly Eagles love the sting of play.

When you were kids, you all admired the Superbowl Champs, the fastest running backs, the big league quarterbacks, the toughest linebackers. Philly fans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Philly fans pay for wins all the time. Now, I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a team that lost and laughed. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Philly fans.

Now, Eagles is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, plays as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about us losing because Wentz got hurt don't know anything more about real football than they do about fornicating.

Now, we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to tackle the bastards. We're going to hit them so hard and drive the snot out of them. We're going to murder those lousy Pat bastards by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken-out under duress. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your job. The Pats are the enemy. Wade into them. Bloody their chins. Tackle them in the belly. When you set yourself prior to each snap and see the Pats on the other side of the ball, you'll know what to do.

Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding onto a lead. We're not holding anything. Let the Jags do that. We are scoring constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything -- except the Pats. We're going to hold onto them by the legs, and we're gonna kick him in the ass. We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose!

Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, "What did you do in in Superbowl LII?" -- you won't have to say, "Well, I watched the Pats hoist the trophy."

Alright now you sons-of-bitches, you know how I feel.

Oh, I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere.

That's all.

Comment

The great Napolean has a message for the birds!

Shall we allow our audacious enemies to violate with impunity the territory of our quarterback? Will you permit that team to escape which has carried terror into our league? You will not. Line up, then, and meet him. Tear from his hands the rings he has won. Teach the world that a malediction attends those that violate the territory of the Philadelphia Eagles. The result of our efforts will be unclouded glory, and a durable gratitude.

Comment

We are so honored to have the great Athenian statesman Demosthenes here to inspire the Eagles:

It is this fate, I solemnly assure you, that I dread for you, when the clock winds down that you make your reckoning, and realize that there is no longer anything that can be done. May you never find yourselves, Philadelphia Eagles, in such a position! Yet in any case, it will be better to commit ten thousand yards in penalties, than to do anything out of servility towards Tom Brady. A noble recompense did the team from Atlanta receive, for entrusting themselves to passive play, and thrusting their game plan aside! And a noble recompense the team of Seattle, for driving to the goal line, and abandoning the run. They are losers, scourged and defeated! A noble clemency did he show to the Giants, who played in his pocket and shut down his run, and played for 60 minutes! It is folly, and it is defeatist, to cherish hopes like these, to give way to poor game plans, to refuse to do what you did to get here, to listen to the paparazzi, who wants you to lose and to fancy that you play on so great a team that, whatever happens, you cannot suffer a loss.

Comment

Oh my. All the way from Westeros. The Hand of the King has a word for the Eagles:

They say your city is a hive of heathens. But what does that make the lot of you? There's another way out; I'm going to show you. Line up and meet them and kick them in their asses. Don't play for your owner, and don't play for his managers. Don't play for honor, don't play for glory. Don't play for riches, because you already have them. This is your moment the Pats means to steal. That's you're trophy he's taking — and if he gets it, it will be your dreams he burns, your rings he wears, your city he will scorn. Those are championship men knocking at our door. Let's go beat them.

Comment

Yo

He killed 16 Czechoslovakians, the guy was an interior decorator

Comment

At some point Tom Brady's age is gonna show vs. a great defense in a super bowl but I think he has one more great game in him considering it's a perfect environment in Minneapolis indoors.

Comment

Who would have thought that King Richard III even has some words for the Birds:

What shall I say more than I have inferr'd?
                Remember whom you are to cope withal;
                A sort of vagabonds, rascals, and castaways,
                A scum of free agents, and base lackey backups,
                Whom your o'er-cloyed city vomits forth
                To desperate ventures and assured defeat.
                You playing great, they bring to you unease;
                You having prepared, and blest with beauteous wins,
                They would disregard the one, disdain the other.
                And who doth lead them but a sullen fellow,
                Long kept in Boston at our league's cost?
                A pretty-sop, one that never in his life
                Felt so much pain as his team’s humiliation?
                Let's whip these Patriots o'er the field Sunday;
                Lash hence these overweening rags of Boston,
                These overfed braggarts, weary of their wins;
                Who, but for dreaming on this fond exploit,
                For want of means, poor rats, had lost themselves:
                If we be conquer'd, let men conquer us,
                And not these bastards from Boston; whom our fore bearers
                Have in their own time should have beaten, bobb'd, and thump'd,
                And in record, should’ve left them the heirs of shame.

Comment

I just can't believe it, but Muhammad Ali says it will be a Rumble in Minnesota!

Last night I had a dream, when I got to Minnesota,
                  You had one hell of a rumble.
                  You had to beat Brady’s behind first,
                  For claiming to be Greatest of All Time.
                  For this fight, you wrestled with their backers,
                  You’ve tussled with a Gronk.
                  You done handcuffed lightning
                  And throw’d thunder in jail.
                  You know you’re bad.
                  Just the last weeks, you murdered a Raider,
                  Injured a Falcon, Hospitalized a Vike.
                  You’re so mean, you make Minnesota sick.
                  You’re so fast, man,
                  You can run through a hurricane and don't get wet.
                  When the Patriots meet you,
                  They’ll pay their debt.
                  You can drown the drink of water
                  and kill a dead tree.
                  Wait till the Pats see the Eagles from Philly.

Comment

Even MLK Jr. Has a word for the Birds:

This is the most important and crucial game of your lives, for what you do now and how you play now at this game may well determine which way your career shall go. The question is, whether you have a proper, a solid, and a sound gameplan. I want to suggest some of the things that should be in your gameplan. Number one in your gameplan should be a deep belief in your own ability, your own skill and your own physicality. Don’t allow anybody make you feel that you are no good. Always feel that you count. Always feel that you have worth, and always feel that your career has ultimate significance.

Comment

Theoden has one last word for the Eagles.

Let this be the hour when we become champions together. Great deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for rings, and the Lombardi Trophy. Forth, Philly Eagles!

Comment

Working...
                      X