Reflections from Minneapolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflections from Minneapolis

1. Never, never, ever, have another SuperBowl in a place where it is so freaking cold. Ever. Never.

2. Having said that, locals were pretty cool. "Nice" is the word I'd use.

3. The game is a blur. Like a kaleidoscope of Big Plays swirling around in my head. When the Hail Mary took place and I looked up at the clock at :00 and there were people running on the field that's when it dawned on me that we had WON! Still trying to absorb it.

4. The woman Patriot fan behind me was nice enough but had a pitch to her screams that rattled my teeth. On every Pats defensive play her Air Raid Siren was sounding.

5. The halftime show was terrible. Terrible sound. All bass. Couldn't hear any singing. I was hunched over some fries anyway so I didn't care. Threw my wrist band away. The ushers were actually walking up and down telling us to smile. WTF? I was dreading the chicken, don't tell me to freaking smile.

6. Sellen estimated 5-7: 1 ratio of Eagles to Pats fans. I think it was slightly lower and boy did the Eagles fans lose some steam during Q4. A lot of nerves.

7. Patriots fans are obnoxious in their own special way. Unlike Cowboy fans who strut like peacocks on steroids with no apparent reason, Patriots fans just expect to win more quietly. It's really irritating.

Woo!
    DB

Thanks nice recap! Made me feel like I was there.

Comment

Working...
    X