Watch that last play of the SB again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch that last play of the SB again.

Gronkowski (I refuse to call him by any nickname) pushes off of Jaylen Mills. It's actually hands to the face, IMO.

Then Mills recovers and Mills and other Eagles defenders surround him. Once the ball is batted to the ground ... even before it hits the ground Gronkowski has the audacity to raise his arm calling for a penalty. WTF? Those defenders had the right to try for the ball as much as Gronkowski did.

Cheaters.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Gronkowski is a drama queen (not to be confused with our very own beloved Drama Queen).

He always tries to (or has been coached to) sell any contact as PI.
    Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Once again Schwartz!

How the fuc do U NOT! Jam him at the LOS??????
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

I can't stop analyzing this game.

--------

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
          How the fuc do U NOT! Jam him at the LOS??????
          Afraid of the dreaded "Defensive holding automatic first down".

Too easy a call for the zebras to make.

I do think the officials called that game in a fair manner.
          --------

Comment

A DEFENDER HIT HOGAN TEN YARDS BEHIND GRONK WHILE BALL IN THE AIR. THAT COULDA BEEN A PENALTY, ANY OTHER GAME, WOULDA BEEN.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
              A DEFENDER HIT HOGAN TEN YARDS BEHIND GRONK WHILE BALL IN THE AIR. THAT COULDA BEEN A PENALTY, ANY OTHER GAME, WOULDA BEEN.
              I saw that too, but it wasn't hands to the face and was well away from the play. There was enough going on there to wave the entire play off.

"This is the end of the game." Good call.

PS He's Gronkowski. I'm half Polish.
              --------

Comment

Also gives you one more guy downfield. I was wondering if they'd put Jeffery in at DB.

Man it would have felt good if Graham had gotten Brady. Whatever. SUPER BOWL CHAMPS.

Comment

Both were penalties and basically a good no call

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  I saw that too, but it wasn't hands to the face and was well away from the play. There was enough going on there to wave the entire play off.

"This is the end of the game." Good call.

PS He's Gronkowski. I'm half Polish.
                  That stuff happens during every Hail Mary.

I just got done reading article 3 of the NFL regarding the determination of a catch. I studied it and reviewed the Clement catch closely. By rule Clement made the catch. The Ertz catch is not worth reviewing.

The funny thing is, anytime someone brings up a similar controverse and you review it, which I have (Benjamin vs. NE for example), the controveries are not similar but unique. When under review the refs rarely screw it up.

Comment

One of the my favorite parts of the Super Bowl DVD was hearing Steritore review the Clement TD.

Comment

this

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      I can't stop analyzing this game.

I think occurred while the ball was in the air. OPI if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                        I think occurred while the ball was in the air. OPI if anything.
                        It was definitely after the ball was in the air. I took the screencap off of my computer after Brady threw it. I cropped it so you can't see the clock.

I couldn't stop it exactly at the right frame but it sure appears to me that the reciever was pushing the defender in the face.
                        --------

Comment

Here’s the rules once QB leaves the pocket

“If the quarterback leaves the pocket area with the ball in his possession, the restrictions on illegal contact and an illegal cut block both end, but the restriction on defensive holding remains in effect.”

So the pushing and shoving is allowed, but PI can be called. However, I can’t remember a time when it had been called on a Hail Mary at the end of a game, let alone the SB.

Comment

Oh he's way down field in this shot,

they gave him that free release, Chuck him @ the LOS!

To me gronk look like he was just running through Players at that point to get to the GL. No Ref was throwing a ticky tac flag at that point in SB.
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                            X