• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke City USA

Horrible

That's why you call a time out.

Premature confetti is bad form.

Comment

MASSIVE turnovers by JJ, Simmons and Embiid. Pathetic.

Welp, it was a fun season. They’d better nail the draft AND land a big FA...

Comment

The draft is no longer part of the equation. Like I said from day one, Colangelo is a bum.

Comment

Quintessential choking situation. They haven't believed for one minute in this series that they can beat Boston. Even when they had a massive lead, they knew it was vapor.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
            The draft is no longer part of the equation. Like I said from day one, Colangelo is a bum.
            A top 10 pick isn’t part of the equation?

Comment

What did I say?

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                A top 10 pick isn’t part of the equation?
                I think what he's saying is, there's no real reason to believe Colangelo isn't going to completely botch whatever pick he gets (see No. 1 overall, 2017).
                Last edited by The Duck; 05-05-2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Loser mind set ... game on the line and Simmons throws a lazy bounce pass ... followed by an even lazier effort by Embid to get it.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Loser mind set ... game on the line and Simmons throws a lazy bounce pass ... followed by an even lazier effort by Embid to get it.
                    Gotta do a better job...

Comment

I'm not surprised ... Horford killed them at the end ... the rookies played like they haven't been in a last possession playoff game before ... shit, you know you're not ready for prime time when you have to go to Bellinelli for a game tying shot.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Pretty blatant the issues that come with this team and will continue to hamper them down the road into next year. Ben Simmons being completely unable to make anything but a layup will hopefully have him in the gym 5 hours a day in the summer because he's been outplayed by McConnel all series.... Brown has very little attention to detail on both ends. Their spacing offensively in the half court is so sloppy and why they turn it over so much. Less off ball movement and more spacing. Look at Utah and Houston..... You don't need a ton of passes and movement if you can at least space properly which we don't. Embiid doesn't set any middle ball screens in spread PNR which absolutely baffles me. Offensively I'm not a fan of Brown's philosophy at all.

Edit to add: if you think RoCo is a long term answer at the 3 you're high. Can't shoot for shit and has nothing off the bounce which you don't absolutely need from a 3.... You need to either be a lights out shooter or someone who can alleviate some ball handling duties and create shots for yourself.... Ex) Tatum..... Celtics have more players who can create their own shot. Oh and Embiid has sucked royally this series also when it has mattered
                        Last edited by phillyeagles36; 05-05-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Is Simmons ever going to learn how to shoot from the outside?

Comment

The fact that he's so nervous to shoot is a huge red flag. Boston's defense isn't going away as long as Stevens is there. He's either got to learn or he's (we're) in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
                              Pretty blatant the issues that come with this team and will continue to hamper them down the road into next year. Ben Simmons being completely unable to make anything but a layup will hopefully have him in the gym 5 hours a day in the summer because he's been outplayed by McConnel all series.... Brown has very little attention to detail on both ends. Their spacing offensively in the half court is so sloppy and why they turn it over so much. Less off ball movement and more spacing. Look at Utah and Houston..... You don't need a ton of passes and movement if you can at least space properly which we don't. Embiid doesn't set any middle ball screens in spread PNR which absolutely baffles me. Offensively I'm not a fan of Brown's philosophy at all.

Edit to add: if you think RoCo is a long term answer at the 3 you're high. Can't shoot for shit and has nothing off the bounce which you don't absolutely need from a 3.... You need to either be a lights out shooter or someone who can alleviate some ball handling duties and create shots for yourself.... Ex) Tatum..... Celtics have more players who can create their own shot. Oh and Embiid has sucked royally this series also when it has mattered
                              Simmons has a smug, self-satisfied air about him that leads me to believe he's never going to put in the work to develop an outside shot. He played all year, he could've been working on it all along. He doesn't even try.

The kid has all the talent in the world, but this series and his bullshit flame war with Mitchell over a meaningless award really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X