Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA draft lottery tonight

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NBA draft lottery tonight

    We need Lakers to get either #1 or #6 (or anything past 6)

    #2-#5 would go to Boston. Are you kidding me?

  • #2
    It's going to be number to. The Boston representative will be wearing a Fultz jersey

    Comment


    • #3
      It's going to be number two. The Boston representative will be wearing a Fultz jersey

      Comment


      • #4
        The Lottery only determines spots 1-3 and then every pick after that is determined by record. That means the Lakers pick can only come in 1-3 or 10-13.

        Edit to add odds for each pick:
        1- 1.1%
        2- 1.3%
        3- 1.6%
        10- 87%
        11- 8.9%
        12- 0.2%
        13- 0.001

        2.9% chance the Celtics get it, 97.1% chance Sixers get it.

        There’s actually something to be said for it conveying to Boston this year actually being better for us, that way there’s no stipulations on the Kings next year. Basically, would you rather us have 10 this year and Boston get 2 or 3 next year or have Boston have 2 or 3 this year and us have a chance at 2 or 3 next year. Of course, the Kings pick could come in at 1 next year, especially with lottery reform, and we keep it anyway.
        Last edited by Sect 236; 05-15-2018, 06:43 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sixers pick 10th.

          Comment


          • #6
            Keep Bridges in Philly!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Anthony View Post
              Sixers pick 10th.
              Iím hoping Sacramento lands #1...knock that Boston pick down...

              Comment


              • #8
                The Kings have a lot of young talent with whoever the #2 pick is coming in. I don't see them picking in the top 5 next year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Agreed.

                  BC canít screw this up. If Mikal Bridges is there, itís a no-brainer. Perfect fit.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Why do you think Bridges is the perfect fit outside of knowing he’s from Villanova? He’s a good 3 and D player but Boston exposed our offense built around 3 point shooters who can’t create their own shot. Maybe Bridges wasn’t asked to do that much at Nova and that’s something he can do and hasn’t shown, but, if it’s not, he’s not the perfect fit. There may not be a perfect fit at 10 and Bridges may be the BPA, which, fine, but I don’t think locking in on him and only him is prudent.

                    Since it’s not prudent, it’s probably what Colangelo will do and then he’ll get drafted by the Knicks at 9 and Big Collar Bryan will have no idea what to do.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Heís a very good defensive player besides being a good shooter. Iíve watched both him and Miles Bridges a lot. Mikal is the better player, despite being less explosive and athletic.

                      Iíd also like to see Colin Sexton here. He was surrounded by trash and continued to elevate his game Throughout the season...seems to have a killer instinct from the 4-5 games that I saw.


                      Mikal is my choice...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Non explosive, non athletic defensive player who is a jump shooter and doesn’t create off the dribble. Sounds like Covington and plenty of people sure hated watching him struggle against Boston. Again, if Bridges is the BPA, so be it, but, he’s the type of offensive player that the Celtics switching D killed.

                        I do like his defense for sure but I don’t think his offensive skill set really gives us what we need unless he can demonstrate an ability to penetrate.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Since you seem to be an NBA analyst of the highest caliber, whoís your choice?

                          You understand we arenít picking in the top 3, correct?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                            Non explosive, non athletic defensive player who is a jump shooter and doesnít create off the dribble. Sounds like Covington and plenty of people sure hated watching him struggle against Boston. Again, if Bridges is the BPA, so be it, but, heís the type of offensive player that the Celtics switching D killed.

                            I do like his defense for sure but I donít think his offensive skill set really gives us what we need unless he can demonstrate an ability to penetrate.
                            https://youtu.be/RZtPgmPv1GM

                            Please show me where Covington has EVER done this (first highlight of the videos)...super non-explosive...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Relax bud. I don’t know who the pick should be. I’m just pointing out his style of play and how it fits with what did and did not work for the Sixers against their main competition for the future. Mikal has a high floor and low ceiling. He won’t be a bad pick, I just don’t know if he’s the “perfect” pick. There might not even be one out there.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X