X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats release J Mat

https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/...93753594949634

HOWWWWIIIIEEEEEE!!!!

not a surprise given he was only guaranteed 170k. sucks for him that even after a good start to his career he couldn't catch on in NE, where most guys look better than they are.

Comment

I heard it may have been because of an injury he just suffered. It was insinuated that they cut him, at least in part, because it turned out to be worse than initially thought.

I don't know that we need him, but if he would come back on the cheap, I'd probably do it. Wentz and those guys like him.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Only if he scores s touchdown against them in supe 53
        I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          I heard it may have been because of an injury he just suffered. It was insinuated that they cut him, at least in part, because it turned out to be worse than initially thought.
          I'm reading he significantly injured his rum ham string
          If you’re not from here, you don’t understand it. If you don’t understand it, you hate it. And if you hate it, we hate you.

"Philadelphia is the only city, where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day." by Mike Schmidt

Comment

I feel bad for him. He is the very definition of a C. Good guy, good teammate, always gave 100%, not very good at playing football.

Comment

it might not be a bad idea if alshon isn't ready week 1. i'm not sure if they'll just roll with what they have though.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                it might not be a bad idea if alshon isn't ready week 1. i'm not sure if they'll just roll with what they have though.
                Hes supposedly really injured his hamstring. Totally feel for the guy seeing his career go off the rails like it has in the past couple years. Crazy that he was the #1 WR in town only a couple years ago.

Comment

Nope nope nope. There is a whole youtube video dedicated to how many times that guy dropped the ball.

Comment

Problem is, it's that catching the ball part that makes me nervous with him.

Comment

The more I think about it, I just don't think they need him, even if Alshon is out for a little bit. This team has a lot of weapons. I certainly wouldn't be upset if they signed him on the cheap. He wouldn't have to be "the guy." Just "a guy" and hopefully he can hang on to the ball.

Comment

The Bills let him go and they have bupkis at wide receiver. Negative bupkis.

If Belichick thought he had anything left he’d have let him try to heal.

Comment

Patriots put him on IR.

Supposedly because he was on a 1 year deal if he can come back during the season they can work out an injury settlement and he can sign with another team. Sounds like a bad injury.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

i think he put up a lot of his numbers due to being the primary option in today's NFL. the more i think about, the more they don't need him. plenty of other guys to throw to. no reason to hold back the development of other guys, some of which play special teams.

Comment

Working...
                            X