Linebackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linebackers

This group makes me a tad nervous. If Hicks can't stay healthy (he never does) then you are left with Bradham (suspended for week 1) and not much else. I've read some decent stuff about Grugier-Hill this offseason, but who knows.

I guess they weren't all that impressive on paper after Hicks went down last year and things turned out OK.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Guess you're right but

that position bears watching in this game Thursday for sure.

Comment

With so much Nickle, you really only need 2 LBs. Corey Nelson has looked shitty, but I think Gerry is adequate. But if Hicks goes down (likely), it might be a little problem. At 2.25 mil for Kendricks, I guess he either wasn't really well liked or really wasn't good enough.

Comment

Good point. Hicks/Bradham, if they are both on the field, is great. I just worry about the depth behind either one of them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sounding an alarm. Just looking for something to talk about haha.

Comment

I’m slightly more concerned about the the Blount role. Blount had great vision to match the 250 pounds of power he provided the offense, PLUS he was great in pass protection.

He and Patrick Robinson looked horrible in preseason. I’m hoping this is the case for RB and LB this year. Maybe someone will emerge. I liked Grugier-Hill coming into this season and he hasn’t disappointed ...

Comment

On paper, I'm actually more concerned about the WR's without Jeffery. Either way, with Carson and Doug, I can't get too worked up about anything on the offensive end. They'll figure it out.

Comment

Zubbs and I will dress for the opener

yupp thats how thin the team is @ linbacker...Kendricks looks like a dumber and dumber release. I know, I know; cap numbers...

we either acquire Vet thru trade or maybe a cap casualty after the final cuts.
              Last edited by TRENT; 08-21-2018, 03:44 PM.
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

The obvious trend league-wide is that LBs don't matter much any more as they are more like bigger safeties and not the run-stuffers of old. The emphasis by most teams is DL and DBs because it's a passing league. So, my formula for success? Get yourself a bad-ass, pass-snuffing D and then a monster run game on O. Pound the rock and buck the trend!
                WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  With so much Nickle, you really only need 2 LBs. Corey Nelson has looked shitty, but I think Gerry is adequate. But if Hicks goes down (likely), it might be a little problem. At 2.25 mil for Kendricks, I guess he either wasn't really well liked or really wasn't good enough.
                  I think after 6 years, if you're still awful in coverage, you're never going to be good in coverage. I remember watching him run a 4.4 at the combine and thinking he'd be a great coverage LB. Turns out he's exactly what he was in college; an uber athletic ILB that can blitz and play the run fairly well, but can't cover for shit.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Apparently we just need 2 good one. Bradham is freaking money.

Fully expect Hicks to end up on IR before the first leaf falls from
                    Trees. Grugier-Hill looks solid.

Just need DL and DB’s to do their jobs and Lb should be fine.
                    J

Comment

Working...
                    X