How does Carter not make the 53?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Carter not make the 53?

I'm watching about a half hour behind but so far all I've seen him do is make plays.

I guess Smallwood is in.
    Last edited by Maniac; 08-30-2018, 08:59 PM.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    I'm watching about a half hour behind but so far all I've seen him do is make plays.

I guess Smallwood is in.
    I don't really see as much in him as everyone else

Comment

It's really hard to tell a guy to play well in the preseason and then he does and then you still cut him. Unfortunately, it's a numbers game, but with Alshon already out, keeping 6 receivers is more reasonable.

Problem is, Carter's skillset is limited - he's an okay STer and he can play the slot. That's about it. And with injuries at TE, it's harder still.

However, I find it hard to believe the Eagles will go with only 4 active WR next Thursday. Which is why I think he has a chance. And if they go jumbo, Seumalo can play the 3rd TE role as needed.

Comment

Carter will make it. Not sure he will still be on it when Jeffrey returns but he's got an opportunity to prove he deserves to stick if he can take a return to the house or proves to be a solid ST guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          It's really hard to tell a guy to play well in the preseason and then he does and then you still cut him. Unfortunately, it's a numbers game, but with Alshon already out, keeping 6 receivers is more reasonable.

Problem is, Carter's skillset is limited - he's an okay STer and he can play the slot. That's about it. And with injuries at TE, it's harder still.

However, I find it hard to believe the Eagles will go with only 4 active WR next Thursday. Which is why I think he has a chance. And if they go jumbo, Seumalo can play the 3rd TE role as needed.
          Returns punts, kicks and is a gunner on special teams. Can back up Agholor in the slot. Easy decision.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
          X