• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Natural Greatness of Joel Embiid

Discuss

SUSP

Comment

We need some Sixers talk today.

So how about that Embiid? Better than the Dream? Better than Malone?

Comment

not even close to either yet. Its encouraging to watch him grow, but even last night, he was jacking threes at times when he should not have been. He was actually bullied for the first 10 or so minutes when Marjanovic got serious run. Those guys have years upon years of greatness, and though you certainly can see the possibilities with Joel, he's got to do it for a long time. Needs to cut down on the bad TOs and the bad shots too, taking it inside more often would be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
          not even close to either yet. ... Those guys have years upon years of greatness, and though you certainly can see the possibilities with Joel, he's got to do it for a long time. Needs to cut down on the bad TOs and the bad shots too, taking it inside more often would be much better.
          Embiid certainly is more raw than Malone and Dream at this point in career, but man he makes it look easy. He has a lot of tools. Plays D and O, too.

Comment

Olajuwon is a top 5 all time center and maybe the most underrated NBA player of all time, so, no.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              Olajuwon is a top 5 all time center and maybe the most underrated NBA player of all time, so, no.
              Totally agree, but I would say his ceiling could even be higher. sometimes its easy to forget the guy has only played probably 6 seasons of basketball in his life. He still has moments where he looks like a baby giraffe, and if he can get better control of his feet, which he certainly has the ability to, he can be HOF material.

My biggest beef with him sometimes is to try and end runs he likes to jack threes sometimes instead of pounding it down low and getting to the line.

Fultz was very good last night. Shamet looks like a steal. Saric has been absolutely awful this year.

Comment

Oh yeah, his ceiling is enormous if he stays healthy. No doubt.

Fultz has been playing a lot better but his jump shot is still not there and I can't get past how choppy things seem when he and Simmons play together.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                  Oh yeah, his ceiling is enormous if he stays healthy. No doubt.

Fultz has been playing a lot better but his jump shot is still not there and I can't get past how choppy things seem when he and Simmons play together.
                  You are right. To say Embiid is as good as the Dream or Malone right now is ludicrous. Didn't mean to suggest it. Longevity is the key.

However, just looking at what he does, as the other poster said in just 6 years or so of playing basketball, it is really marvelous. I think Embiid is 10X the athlete the Dream, Malone, Shaq or any of the great Centers in the NBA were. He's doing things I've never seen a big guy do. Granted, back in the day, you didn't get a chance to watch the Dream much.

Comment

Working...
                  X