Jesus Mike McCarthy is clueless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Mike McCarthy is clueless

Say what you will about FF, I've never seen him manage the clock as poorly as McCarthy just did.

Instead of calling a TO with 2:40 left, you let the clock run dangerously close to the two minute warning. STL could have taken more time and gotten that one through the uprights right at the two minute warning.

Why the hell is a KR allowed to return a kick under any circumstance with 2:03 left? The odds of burning the two minute warning are infinitely higher than scoring a TD there. Even before the fumble that was inexplicable.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 10-28-2018, 07:42 PM.

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    Say what you will about FF, I've never seen him manage the clock as poorly as McCarthy just did.

Instead of calling a TO with 2:40 left, you let the clock run dangerously close to the two minute warning. STL could have taken more time and gotten that one through the uprights right at the two minute warning.

Why the hell is a KR allowed to return a kick under any circumstance with 2:03 left? The odds of burning the two minute warning are infinitely higher than scoring a TD there. Even before the fumble that was inexplicable.
    If they had taken more time, he could have used the time out. Smart not to use the time out there.
    The KR decision I blame on the KR. Stupid.

In any case. I can't wait for the Eagles to play the overrated Rams.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      If they had taken more time, he could have used the time out. Smart not to use the time out there.
      The KR decision I blame on the KR. Stupid.

In any case. I can't wait for the Eagles to play the overrated Rams.
      I'm not sure what you mean by "if they had taken more time."

If STL takes more time, GB's ensuing drive starts with 2:00 left. They have 1 TO and no two-minute warning. If McCarthy calls the TO with 2:40, they get the ball back with 2:35 or so left, and they have the two-minute warning, but no TOs. That sounds better to me.

Due to the two-minute warning, someone should have told the KR to take the touchback no matter what.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by "if they had taken more time."

If STL takes more time, GB's ensuing drive starts with 2:00 left. They have 1 TO and no two-minute warning. If McCarthy calls the TO with 2:40, they get the ball back with 2:35 or so left, and they have the two-minute warning, but no TOs. That sounds better to me.

Due to the two-minute warning, someone should have told the KR to take the touchback no matter what.
        Unless Im misremembering - which is possible - the play clock didn't leave enough time for them to get to the two minute warning. Why waste a time out when they were going to run two plays either way?

The KR should not have brought the ball out. Thats probably mostly on the special teams coach but no problem blaming McCarthy.

Comment

Unless Im misremembering - which is possible - the play clock didn't leave enough time for them to get to the two minute warning. Why waste a time out when they were going to run two plays either way?

The KR should not have brought the ball out. Thats probably mostly on the special teams coach but no problem blaming McCarthy.
          Right. They didn't have quite enough time to run the clock to the two minute warning. But it was clear that the kickoff could have run the necessary 3-5 seconds off the clock. I was surprised they they didn't try a short, high kick so that GB had to return it and use the two minute warning.

Knowing that that was a possibility, McCarthy should have called the TO with 2:45 or whatever left.

Comment

Right. They didn't have quite enough time to run the clock to the two minute warning. But it was clear that the kickoff could have run the necessary 3-5 seconds off the clock. I was surprised they they didn't try a short, high kick so that GB had to return it and use the two minute warning.

Knowing that that was a possibility, McCarthy should have called the TO with 2:45 or whatever left.
            Too much to think about right now. But if the dumbass doesnt bring the kick out I think Green Bay wins. I took the money line instead of the points. I hate the Rams.

Comment

Too much to think about right now. But if the dumbass doesnt bring the kick out I think Green Bay wins. I took the money line instead of the points. I hate the Rams.
              Why you hate the rams? They haven't won shit and the eagles beat them last season so what u talking about?

Comment

Working...
              X