Smallwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallwood

RB Wendell Smallwood is only facing 8+ defenders in the box on 3.33% of his attempts. Far fewest in the NFL. League average is just over 21%.

https://twitter.com/BrandonGowton/st...863862278?s=20
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

The guy shouldn't even be on the team. But what are you going to do with the injuries we've had?

Comment

No surprise. The guy isn't very good.

I hope Clement's lingering injury explains his recent play. I know the guy was never gonna be a pro bowler, but man he has looked bad lately.

Comment

Is Sproles back this week?

Comment

For 2.6 plays then something nelse gonna bust on his old ass

Comment

Stats is a vacuum ... what down and distance is involved ... could it be that he's in because he blocks better on pass protection?

Smallwood isn't a feature back but come on.

Edited to add: And as one of the people in the comment section indicated ... Eagle QB's read the defense and could be calling a run on an RPO exactly BECAUSE the defense isn't stacking the box and is expecting a pass, and checks out of a run then they stack it.
            Last edited by slag; 11-06-2018, 07:49 AM.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              Stats is a vacuum ... what down and distance is involved ... could it be that he's in because he blocks better on pass protection?

Smallwood isn't a feature back but come on.

Edited to add: And as one of the people in the comment section indicated ... Eagle QB's read the defense and could be calling a run on an RPO exactly BECAUSE the defense isn't stacking the box and is expecting a pass, and checks out of a run then they stack it.
              I agree although far fewest attempts is probably significant of something that needs to be addressed. Could be play calling.
              Last edited by Maniac; 11-06-2018, 01:51 PM.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I’m not sure how to interpret this statistic. Last year Gurley, Kamara and Bell were all in the top seven in fewest yards against eight in the box. That must be because they play in strong passing offenses. Heck, Blount and Ajayi were both in the top twenty-one in that stat last year, top 40%. Smallwood seems to be a real outlier; defenses don’t respect him at all.

Comment

yes, this stat doesn't account for the situation, but there is no way that smallwood is in for pass protection. that is what he does worst.

Comment

I thought he was the tallest midget in that department amongst the current Eagles RBs, no?
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Wow...scary if true.

I can't believe we actually need Sproles.

Comment

Working...
                      X