Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz is 1-11 when the opposing team scores 20+ points

That’s not concerning at all.

I’m trying to go easy on Won’tz. He is only 11 months off that ACL injury, and not having a soul probably doubles the recovery time.

This is squarely on coaching. Maybe take their ice cream away after meetings or something.

Also, remember when we had so many good corners that we were dreaming of big trades? Shit, Darby and Mills sound pretty great right now.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
      That’s not concerning at all.
      I do not question his physical talent but I do question his intelligence, his grasp of the offense, ability to read defense and his feel for pressure. For a guy that is described as first in the building what exactly is he doing when he gets there?
      I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

You like stats in a vacuum?

How concerning was the offense's 31 ppg average last year before he got hurt?
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I don't think this stat is accurate. In just 2017, I'm counting 6 games that Wentz won while the opponent scored 20+.

I do understand the point that Wentz has only proven himself in blowouts. It's better to win bigly than not at all, but it is a concern that he hasn't won many close games.

Yesterday they had no shot no matter what, which wouldn't have been a big deal if they'd won the Carolina and Tennessee games.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            I don't think this stat is accurate. In just 2017, I'm counting 6 games that Wentz won while the opponent scored 20+.

I do understand the point that Wentz has only proven himself in blowouts. It's better to win bigly than not at all, but it is a concern that he hasn't won many close games.

Yesterday they had no shot no matter what, which wouldn't have been a big deal if they'd won the Carolina and Tennessee games.
            He hasn't proven himself in just blowouts. Rams he had to keep up. Chargers game was not a walk in the park. Giants last year was close. Panthers game last year was a 5 point game start of the 4th quarter. First redskins game was a 5 point game till the fumble return for a TD and the second game they were only up 7 going into the 4th quarter. First cowboys games they were losing 9-7 at half-time and then won 30+ to 7.

The straight blowouts were Cards, Bears, 49ers and Broncos, and the broncos were supposed to beat down Wentz and the team.

So it wasn't like they were winning 40-10 every game. Some of those games were very close at the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th quarter.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Late response, but I think the SD game was the only time that Wentz really proved himself as a closer last year. The Carolina and Washington games were actually like this year's Jacksonville game. Wentz had a chance to close them, but the defense ultimately held to end the game (unlike against Tennessee and Carolina this year).

4th quarter comeback numbers can be misleading, but Wentz has left a bit to be desired down by 3, 4, 7 in the 4th, or with a small lead and a chance to keep the opponent off the field. The Indy game this year was the only time we've seen him come back in one of those situations to end a game, and we obviously got some help from the refs on the last scoring drive.

He did win the Giants game last year after being down by 7 in the 4th, but I don't know if setting up a 61-yard FG in a tie game is comparable to the above situations. For the record, we were favored by like 8 against Denver last year. I don't think they were expected to beat down Wentz.
              Last edited by art vandelay; 11-21-2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

At the time, Denver had the No1 defense in the league.

Comment

Working...
                X