The same team has shown up every week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same team has shown up every week

Going all the way back to the opener. Haven't put together 4 quarters all year. Haven't found a consistent play calling rhythm all year. Haven't come up with big stops on 3rd and 4th down all year.

Nothing that happened yesterday surprised me at all. That is the same team we've watched each week. There have been enough flashes to lead us to believe things would click at some point but if you look objectively at the entire season, it just wasn't meant to be. The Tennessee game was the game. That game exposed this team for what it is this season.

I think Carson will be back with more confidence next year. Not worried about him much. I am worried about Doug. I think he had a perfect situation last season and he is missing that. Seems kind of lost sometimes.
    Last edited by McCarthy12; 12-10-2018, 11:31 AM.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    Going all the way back to the opener. Haven't put together 4 quarters all year. Haven't found a consistent play calling rhythm all year. Haven't come up with big stops on 3rd and 4th down all year.

Nothing that happened yesterday surprised me at all. That is the same team we've watched each week. There have been enough flashes to lead us to believe things would click at some point but if you look objectively at the entire season, it just wasn't meant to be. The Tennessee game was the game. That game exposed this team for what it is this season.

I think Carson will be back with more confidence next year. Not worried about him much. I am worried about Doug. I think he had a perfect situation last season and he is missing that. Seems kind of lost sometimes.
    This year is a write-off. If they aren't better next year, then I'll get upset. The good news is that we now will duck both the Rams and New Orleans next season. To be honest, a 3rd place finish would likely allow us to duck the Seahawks and Panthers as well. Add to that the fact that we play the AFC East next year and we should have a good chance to return to the playoffs if we play better, fix some holes and get healthier.

Comment

The long term things are:

1) A full year of healthy Carson. He's clearly not fully there.

2) Doug needs a veteran voice in the offense. The queenies seem to hate Flip. Maybe Zimmer will lose his shit and fire him.

Comment

In DeFillipo’s defense his quarterback is Kirk Cousins, a rich man’s Dak Prescott.

Comment

you're not wrong

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          In DeFillipo’s defense his quarterback is Kirk Cousins, a rich man’s Dak Prescott.
          if Bridgewater looks good after Drew Brees rides off into the sunset...ouch.

Comment

wentz was a disaster entire first half. OL can't give him a clean pocket either.
            D can't ever make a stop
            rinse & repeat all fucking season.

I'm really happy we have that extra 5th year on wentz's rookie contract before they have to determine how much to pay him. if he plays like this next year he's not the guy we thought he was. He has flat out sucked at times this year. I think it's the knee. If so, he should be back to 100% next season. Results need to follow
            Last edited by Ellsworth; 12-10-2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

The team I'm a little concerned about next year is the Giants. Wentz getting more confident next year, coupled with them hopefully getting an experienced OC should improve the offense, but I'm not sure even with improvement there if they'd be able to outscore the Vagiants if they get a solid QB (thankfully Shurmur sucks).

Birds need to fix up their defense, might require a pretty sizable re-haul. Not sure if McLeod will be here next year, need a Hicks-type player who can stay healthy, Graham's probably gone so they'll need another pass-rusher and they'll have to figure out their corner situation (idk if Sidney Jones is sucking because he's playing hurt or if he actually just sucks).
              Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

it's been the same since pre-season to be honest. I wasn't that worried because it was "hey, this is pre-season" but it looks like that carried right over into the season. Foles, wentz, it seems like it's just a mess on offense.
                “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                  it's been the same since pre-season to be honest. I wasn't that worried because it was "hey, this is pre-season" but it looks like that carried right over into the season. Foles, wentz, it seems like it's just a mess on offense.
                  Fire Mike Groh.

Bring in a real OC and this team will do a complete 180.
                  Last edited by Williejay; 12-11-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Improved OL play, dependable RB and better offensive balance will cure a lot of Wentz's issues. He is definitely not as mobile as last year, the OL isn't giving him as much time and the opposing defenses are not worried about the run.
                    ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

To me it was a miracle that we were even in that game.

I wasn't surprised by the result, but I did think we were going to win. Letting a team hang around often results in losses. Dallas outgained us 2-1 and dominated TOP but still had to go to OT, and let 2 stupid plays end their chances of an FG to end regulation. I did think all of that would bite them in the ass.

Comment

Agree with Bardy 100%. Next year. And Wentz had best be better and I think he will - he did come back twice near the end of the game, and he usually would not do that. We'll see, and I wish the best for the NoDak.
                        I must observe, as I believe stated by Bardy some time earlier, that after 51 years, I was afraid that I, and many others, would never get to see an Eagles SB victory.
                        But we did in SB #52. So that will always be with us all.

Comment

Working...
                        X