No announcement yet.

Dougie's obsession with Sproles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear ya on team players and that draft strategy ... and I also get the point about depth.

But I wouldn't mind a bell cow who's not a locker room issue.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Hopefully, they draft one this year. After that Pumphrey pick, I'm a bit more nervous they actually can identify the right one. Just in case, I think they also need to sign a low-end free agent (Yeldon, Ware, etc,.).

Comment

AS LONG WE'LL, YES I SAID WE'LL , BE PICKING 32nd AGAIN, I DON'T CARE WHO THEY TAKE.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Signing Sproles didn't really keep them from bringing anyone else in, so I think it was worth it.
          Kind of worked out In hindsight but not a good strategy overall. Roster spots matter.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            I'm not so sure that RB by committee is the key to New England's success or Super Bowl victories in general.

I think the predominance of RB by committee is the allocation of money position that you prefer.

However, if you get the right guy you can win with a feature back ... Seattle did it once and would have won two if they used the fucker at the end of the game against the team with the model you like.
            Two main running backs with one of them getting most of the carries is my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              I think this is right. Certainly didn't hurt them roster-wise. He was a huge factor in the Houston win. That was worth the roster spot itself.

I do think it says more about the other running backs, though. This offense would be fantastic with a guy who could reliably get you 4 yards on 1st down. Kinda like last year.
              Of course it hurt them roster-wise. They needed help to make the playoffs. No way to know what might been with use of that roster spot. Another Cre'von LeBlanc? He may be the starting slot corner next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                Of course it hurt them roster-wise. They needed help to make the playoffs. No way to know what might been with use of that roster spot. Another Cre'von LeBlanc? He may be the starting slot corner next year.
                I'm not sure that coaching, on both sides of line didn't have more to do with needing help to get into the playoffs, if Dougie finds his balls earlier in the season there are at least two games the offense should have won, if Swantz get his head out of his ass there are at least two games that the Defense already had in the bag. I just don't see roster spots as the predominate cause for needing help.

Comment

Working...
                X