Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're correct

Originally posted by slag View Post
    Don't believe the Eagles have control that way ... my understanding is that if they exercise the 20 mil option he has a 2 mil buyout that makes him a free agent
    it's a mutual option.
    1. The Eagles must decide if they are going to exercise the option to keep Foles (and his $20 million salary) 30 days prior the 2019 league year, meaning in the week following the Super Bowl.

2. If the Eagles do not exercise the option, Foles becomes a free agent.

3. If and when the Eagles exercise the option, Foles must make a decision in the five days after that.

4. If Foles decides to void the option and cancel the contract, he must concurrently pay back the Eagles $2 million, the amount of his 2018 signing bonus, and he will then become a free agent.

5. If Foles decides not to void the option and remain with the Eagles, the $20 million salary becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2019 league year (March 18).
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/26/ni...contracts-2019

It will still be very interesting to see what market develops.
    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 12-31-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

here's the condondrum with Nick--he is almost money in games that matter--ie, elimination games. I saw something today that said over the last 2 years, he's 6-0 with the Eagles in elimination games and actually in his Eagles history he's 7-1 if you go back to the win and in against Dallas in Texas in 2013. Only playoff game he's lost was to the Saints and we all know he brought them back from 20-7 down to go ahead 24-23--but, it seems in other regular season games he's too inconsistent. I know he was what--8-3 in 2013 and 6-2 in 2014--but in the latter year, he had almost as many turnovers as TDs.

I still think he goes to the Howie and expresses the opinion that if he can't find a situation he likes--a starting gig for more than 2 years--he'd like to come back as a backup since he loves the team and the city and wouldn't want to move his young family for such a short period.

Comment

That's the thing with Nick, though. Even when he's not playing his best, he has a knack for keeping you in the game. Plays best when it matter most and almost always gives you a shot to win.

To me, Foles is like a more physically gifted Chad Pennington. That's a compliment.
        Last edited by McCarthy12; 12-31-2018, 02:25 PM.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I think that's the most likely

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post

I still think he goes to the Howie and expresses the opinion that if he can't find a situation he likes--a starting gig for more than 2 years--he'd like to come back as a backup since he loves the team and the city and wouldn't want to move his young family for such a short period.
          He's a forest over trees guy and I think he's looking for the best opportunity, not just in terms of on field success, but overall. I can get behind that.

But I could see a team like the jags being ideal for him.

Comment

You are right. It seems like Foles is good for one game a year when he forgets how to play football. Dallas in 13, SF in 14, Oakland last year, ATL this year. Every QB has bad games, but when Foles has that game, he looks really bad.

I will say that his 2014 season wasn't that bad. The OL was really banged up that year. Don't laugh, but I think QBR is a better stat than passer rating, and Foles's 14 QBR was almost identical to Wentz's in 18. Comparable seasons imo when you consider how passing numbers have been out of control this year.

If they get an outrageous offer for Wentz I'd take it and pay Foles 8-10 million less than what the top QBs are getting, but I don't think that will happen.
            Last edited by art vandelay; 12-31-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

this is sports radio talk

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

If they get an outrageous offer for Wentz I'd take it and pay Foles 8-10 million less than what the top QBs are getting, but I don't think that will happen.
              but Joe Giglio out there floating Raiders since they have 3 firsts (2 playoff teams) this year.

That's all insane talk. and still isn't enough.

Comment

I believe in my heart that the Eagles would not trade Nick Foles anywhere he did not want to go.

Why the hell would Nick Foles of all people want to live in Las Vegas and play for that shit organization? And what about Derek Carr?

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                  I believe in my heart that the Eagles would not trade Nick Foles anywhere he did not want to go.

Why the hell would Nick Foles of all people want to live in Las Vegas and play for that shit organization? And what about Derek Carr?
                  The only person who would do something like that would be Chump Kelly.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Well, it would be Wentz in that scenario and Carr is cutable after this season (his cap hit drops significantly)

Like I said, it's sports radio fodder.

Comment

Wouldn't it be very hard to trade Foles after this season? That would require both parties to agree to the $20 million option. At that point it would be obvious that the Eagles were looking to trade one of the two QBs, which may drive their value down. And then cap space would become an issue if they were unable to move one of the two QBs.

I think Foles would rather stay here for good backup money than go start in say, Arizona. But his option plus Wentz's $6 or so million a year sounds unrealistic.

Comment

Foles' contract is fully guaranteed as of the fifth league day.

Comment

I would never suggest this with any other two QB's or team in the league, being with what money, agents, egos and records all come into it, but Carson is signed till 23 with the 5th year option, and the money isn't crazy, right?

Have Howie bring both guys into room and say here is what we can spent on QB's if you guys can work out a split I would love for you both to stay for long term?

Both of these guys are adults, I really don't think either of them wants to go elsewhere, they truly respect and like each other, and I really do believe they both put the team first???

With all of that being said, I still want to see Sudfeld play some in the preseason, crazy situation for sure.

Comment

Working...
                          X