Carson should be active on Sunday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carson should be active on Sunday.

If something happens to Foles, Wentz has gotta get the shot - assuming this really is an injury he can play through. I'm sure he's going insane. At the very least, letting him be the backup would be good for his mindset. And I'd rather see him out there than Sudfeld.

That said, I don't want to see anything happen to Foles.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

I don’t see it with the way they treat Wentz. No way they throw him into a game without a full week of practice with the ones. If he looked bad it would make things worse.

Comment

Shut him down.

I’m a big Suds fan so let it play out.

Comment

Built-in excuse if he looks bad. And if he saves the day, it improves the whole narrative.

I want to see Foles stay healthy and win out but lots of upside to letting Carson be the backup.

Comment

If they believe Wentz is healthy enough to back up, he's healthy enough to start, and having him suited up and not starting would open up a media circus and WIP feeding frenzy.
          Last edited by slag; 01-01-2019, 08:57 AM. Reason: typo
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            If they believe Wentz is healthy enough to back up, he's healthy enough to start, and having him suited up and not starting would open up a media circus and WIP feeding frenzy.
            I don't really agree with this. He could be healthy enough to play in a pinch but maybe not so completely healthy you want to start him. I could see having him active but not starting.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Disagree ... opens a can of worms that already has a few wriggling over the edge
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Disagree ... opens a can of worms that already has a few wriggling over the edge
                In all honesty I would need to know a little more about the medical situation.
                --------

Comment

Is he really OK to play?

I don't know what the risk assessment is. I hate to see him have to go in for 1 series because foles got dinged and then get hurt and jeopardize next season. Maybe suit up three quarterbacks?

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
                    I don't know what the risk assessment is. I hate to see him have to go in for 1 series because foles got dinged and then get hurt and jeopardize next season. Maybe suit up three quarterbacks?
                    That is along the line of what I am thinking.
                    --------

Comment

If he's not healthy enough to start, he's not healthy enough to play in a pinch imo. They think he's the franchise quarterback. No reason to risk further injury.

Comment

It's clearly the wrong time to switch quarterbacks if you dont have to. Foles has the hot hand and Wentz has to be rusty. Makes no sense to start him in Chicago healthy or not. But makes a lot of sense to have him in reserve.

I dont care about the WIP listeners. They're always going to yelp about something.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                          If he's not healthy enough to start, he's not healthy enough to play in a pinch imo. They think he's the franchise quarterback. No reason to risk further injury.
                          Players are always at risk of injury. If it's true that this is an injury that can be played through at a slightly lower level than usual then let him be backup. Can't treat him like a china doll. It's the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                            Players are always at risk of injury. If it's true that this is an injury that can be played through at a slightly lower level than usual then let him be backup. Can't treat him like a china doll. It's the playoffs.
                            Players are always at risk, but they've already botched one Wentz injury this year and he's still recovering from a torn ACL (even if he's at the point in his rehab where he needs to play). Back and leg injuries are nothing to mess with. If Wentz isn't as healthy as he's been at any point this year, it's not worth risking an RGIII situation.
                            Last edited by art vandelay; 01-01-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                              Players are always at risk, but they've already botched one Wentz injury this year and he's still recovering from a torn ACL (even if he's at the point in his rehab where he needs to play). Back and leg injuries are nothing to mess with. If Wentz isn't as healthy as he's been at any point this year, it's not worth risking an RGIII situation.
                              Not medically cleared for Sunday. Moot for this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X