No announcement yet.

Nick Foles final moment as an Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who says they HAVE to pay him 20M to play backup. Let's follow a hypothetical situation--

Foles has a young family. The question is whether he wants to move his family for a situation that turns out to be like his St Louis Rams experience.

What if he and his wife talk, decide he's made his money over the years, and the starting situations are no better than backing up on a SB calibre team?

I'm betting that if he doesn't find a situation to his liking, he'll decide to stay in Philly and back up Wentz and he'll know he won't be making 20M.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
      Who says they HAVE to pay him 20M to play backup. Let's follow a hypothetical situation--

Foles has a young family. The question is whether he wants to move his family for a situation that turns out to be like his St Louis Rams experience.

What if he and his wife talk, decide he's made his money over the years, and the starting situations are no better than backing up on a SB calibre team?

I'm betting that if he doesn't find a situation to his liking, he'll decide to stay in Philly and back up Wentz and he'll know he won't be making 20M.
      He’s publicly stated he wants to start

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post

Foles’ family is wealthy to begin with. I believe he will choose the best living situation for his family.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Foles is a nice guy but there's no way he leaves like $10 million per year on the table because he likes the city of Philadelphia.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            Foles’ family is wealthy to begin with. I believe he will choose the best living situation for his family.
            The only sticking point I can see is his expressing a desire to be a full time starter. I said during the offseason that I didn't think his ego would lead him to start for a bad team, and I still believe that. He's reached the pinnacle, and he has nothing to prove. He doesn't need the money. So it depends on how much he values being the #1 guy. He's been pretty selfless his whole career, and I'm not sure he would go somewhere just to stroke his own ego.

He could restructure/extend for a comfortable salary, keep his family here (he's already said how much he loves it here), and be reasonably assured of good health for the rest of his career. Or he could roll the dice, end up in a crappy situation, and get banged up permanently. I'm sure it's going to be a difficult decision to make.

Comment

Working...
            X