Stupid to run a play after Sproles was stuffed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid to run a play after Sproles was stuffed

It's questionable, but I get running Sproles on first down. See if the Saints will give him 5 easy yards. If that happens, run up to the line, and you can probably catch them playing soft for 5 more yards.

When that run went for zero they should have just gone down to the two minute warning and come out with their best play for 2nd and 10. I mean, I think the fact that they were willing to go to the ground at all meant that they were trying to score with as little time left as possible. So to hurry up and try to get a few easy yards (but not enough for a first down) before the warning really made no sense.

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    It's questionable, but I get running Sproles on first down. See if the Saints will give him 5 easy yards. If that happens, run up to the line, and you can probably catch them playing soft for 5 more yards.

When that run went for zero they should have just gone down to the two minute warning and come out with their best play for 2nd and 10. I mean, I think the fact that they were willing to go to the ground at all meant that they were trying to score with as little time left as possible. So to hurry up and try to get a few easy yards (but not enough for a first down) before the warning really made no sense.
    Even if Alshon catches it, whats the point of running the play? The goal is to score with as little time as possible and running a play there basically gives NO a free timeout.

Ill be scratching my head at that one all offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
      Even if Alshon catches it, whats the point of running the play? The goal is to score with as little time as possible and running a play there basically gives NO a free timeout.

Ill be scratching my head at that one all offseason.
      Yeah i didn't get that either. My only thought was gomer was trying to sneak a play in and catch them thinking time would run to 2:00
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

My thought too

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
        Yeah i didn't get that either. My only thought was gomer was trying to sneak a play in and catch them thinking time would run to 2:00
        ... and it worked. It just wasn’t executed.

Comment

Working...
        X