Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really like how the Eagles didn't quit on the season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really like how the Eagles didn't quit on the season...

I think it says a lot about Doug and the type of team environment he can engender. If what he means by the New Normal is a team that is committed to acquiring available talent, being creative and adaptive with the playbook, playing to the strength of the players on the field, a family environment with winning and competing as a genuine expectation then I am comfortable with the reality we will lose sometimes.

It certainly hasn't always felt like the Eagles were interested in genuinely competing and putting a competitive team out there that plays to the end and is mad as hell when they underachieve.
    Charismatic megafauna.

Doug showed me last year was not a fluke...

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
    I think it says a lot about Doug and the type of team environment he can engender. If what he means by the New Normal is a team that is committed to acquiring available talent, being creative and adaptive with the playbook, playing to the strength of the players on the field, a family environment with winning and competing as a genuine expectation then I am comfortable with the reality we will lose sometimes.

It certainly hasn't always felt like the Eagles were interested in genuinely competing and putting a competitive team out there that plays to the end and is mad as hell when they underachieve.
    Despite the awfully slow start and the 4-6 record after ten games, Doug managed to get the train back on the tracks. That was no small feat, as a lot of teams could have unraveled in similar circumstances. It is easier to coach when everything is going right, but the way he handled the adversity this year was impressive. He kept them together and competitive, so I'm sold on him as a damn fine head coach now.
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post

Absolutely. Could not agree more.

This is one of the reasons I am not so demoralized by the end of this season.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Hell, if the Eagles weren’t playing JV defensive backs they’d have won three more games on that basis alone (TENN CAR and at least one Pukes game), even with a crocked Wentz and no NFL quality running backs. The Eagles play for Pederson and that’s a huge thing. McVay has won squat and he’s bigger than his players.

Comment

Working...
        X