Toxic Femininity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic Femininity!

Gaskins was at the hotel as "a getaway" from Philadelphia with her girlfriend. She was drinking while watching the Eagles game against the Saints and allegedly became angry once the Saints won, according to police. Gaskins allegedly struck the victim in the face multiple times before threatening to harm her Pomeranian.

Gaskins was not present when police arrived but when she returned and they entered the room they found the dog inside of the microwave. The microwave was never turned on and the dog was reportedly okay.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...-dog-microwave
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Also this: http://www.tapainfo.com/2018/12/19/w...is-very-weird/
    (video of HS girl punching a teacher in the face repeatedly, completely unprovoked)

But its only men who are violent, right?

Anyone see the commercial where a company called out girls for their bullying and demeaning behavior towards other girls?

Yeah, neither did I.
    Last edited by philly4life; 01-15-2019, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Did you guys see that Gillette commercial 'The best a man can get'? Pretty pandering, but the youtube comments are hilarious. "My wife's boyfriend loves this commercial!"

Can't link to it at work, just youtube it.
      If you’re not from here, you don’t understand it. If you don’t understand it, you hate it. And if you hate it, we hate you.

"Philadelphia is the only city, where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day." by Mike Schmidt

Comment

I normally wouldn't comment in a thread like this, but man, why get so defensive over that Gillette commercial? When the NFL does breast cancer awareness month, is your response, "where is testicular cancer awareness month?"

There are entire movies devoted to the message that girls shouldn't bully each other.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 01-16-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

To the larger point

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          I normally wouldn't comment in a thread like this, but man, why get so defensive over that Gillette commercial? When the NFL does breast cancer awareness month, is your response, "where is testicular cancer awareness month?"

There are entire movies devoted to the message that girls shouldn't bully each other.
          girls bullying in school is very real. I have two girls and they tell me about it. It’s not being emphasized and addressed in the same way, but it carries equal relevance.

Comment

I completely agree with the anti-bullying and sexism message of the commercial. I don't agree with labeling the behavior as toxic masculinity because it suggests this is a male thing when it is actually genderless bad behavior. I guess Gillette had to tie it to their "best a man can be" slogan.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

fun fact

When the NFL does breast cancer awareness month, is your response, "where is testicular cancer awareness month?"
              The NFL actually did this:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/05/nf...-crucial-catch

Comment

Gillette/Procter & Gamble does not give a rat's ass about 'toxic masculinity.' They're pandering to a hot topic that is currently resonating, or at least stirring up conversation, with the masses.

Getting triggered by this is just feeding into their marketing campaign, similar to what Nike did with Kaepernick.
                Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Working...
                X