Contract Experts-foiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract Experts-foiles

Could nick say I'm stepping away from the game, retires. Come late September changes his mind. Could he sign with the eagles for a cheap price? Or do we own his rights and would have to pay him big money. He is all about Philly and not ego. I'll hang up now. Thanks.
    Last edited by EagleFanInMD; 01-15-2019, 08:40 PM. Reason: .

Joe Lo on the tweeeter said they could renegoitiate a contract anytime they want without a cap hit.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

They could agree to extend/restructure for a couple of years at a reduced rate, and everybody wins. Take the savings from that $20 million and apply it to whatever shakes out on the Wentz payday. At this point, Foles can buy out of the remaining option the Eagles have on him, and he's totally free to do what he wants.

Toward your question, I don't think it's black and white. Donnie Jones did the "retirement" thing, and the Eagles released all claims on him...then he changed his mind. I've also seen guys "retire" with the team's rights still remaining. So it might be a case by case thing.

Comment

here a banner take

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        Joe Lo on the tweeeter said they could renegoitiate a contract anytime they want without a cap hit.
        Banner: Listen, they claimed that they got an offer of a (second-round pick) for him last year. I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that never happened.
        100%!!!

Comment

Working...
        X