Bryce Harper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
    Yeah, it’s blatant and shameless at this point. Boras is trying to get Middleton to cave on something, and he’s using the “mystery team” (Yankees) via the bitmoji to force the issue. Heyman even alluded to the Yankees being Harper’s first choice last night. It’s all totally transparent.
    Maybe I don’t understand how these things work, but can’t they call other teams and see if these offers are legit?

Comment

my god, yes

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
      Heyman has been an embarrassment throughout this whole ordeal.
      Dude is trying to spin a job because he's only on "fancred sports" right now (which isn't a real thing, it's his website).

He's basically tweeted the same thing 10+ times

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
        Maybe I don’t understand how these things work, but can’t they call other teams and see if these offers are legit?
        I'm sure they can. Doesn't mean they're going to get a truthful answer. Or maybe they do get a truthful answer... if it's contradicted by media "reports", they have no way of knowing what the truth is for sure until the matter is settled.

It's high stakes poker, basically.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          Dude is trying to spin a job because he's only on "fancred sports" right now (which isn't a real thing, it's his website).

He's basically tweeted the same thing 10+ times

(five is way too low, tho)

Comment

sure

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            I'm sure they can. Doesn't mean they're going to get a truthful answer. Or maybe they do get a truthful answer... if it's contradicted by media "reports", they have no way of knowing what the truth is for sure until the matter is settled.

It's high stakes poker, basically.
            But also, when you deal with the same people, you have a decent idea of they're strategy and where they're coming from. Same with other teams. The team that doesn't play ball when negotiating is also the one that other GMs might not want to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
              But also, when you deal with the same people, you have a decent idea of they're strategy and where they're coming from. Same with other teams. The team that doesn't play ball when negotiating is also the one that other GMs might not want to deal with.
              Owners get more hands-on in these high-profile deals. That's one wild-card that could make things tougher to read. Whatever a team's past behavior might indicate, that could easily change when you're talking about the biggest free agent prize in the history of the game and the owner's asserting himself.

I'm not buying anything the bitmoji is selling, but it seems obvious that someone (SB) sees value in his subterfuge. I doubt that would be the case if teams could just draw on past experience or pick up the phone to determine the motives of other competing organizations.

Comment

Boras is trying to take advantage of a front office that has shown they will overpay for average talent. It's hard to blame him. Stupid Money Middleton did this to himself. These guys showed their hand early and it's been a circus ever since. They will overspend because that's what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                  Boras is trying to take advantage of a front office that has shown they will overpay for average talent. It's hard to blame him. Stupid Money Middleton did this to himself. These guys showed their hand early and it's been a circus ever since. They will overspend because that's what they do.
                  Yet somehow this dumbass FO has managed, with the impending Harper signing, to construct a roster that will be the Vegas favorites by the end of the week to win the NL pennant.

Comment

How many wins is Harper adding this year per ESPN's "free agent machine"?

Beat it, dingbat.

Comment

How many wins is Harper adding this year per ESPN's "free agent machine"?

Beat it, dingbat.
                      If you don't recognize that this has been a phenomenal off-season for the Phils than you should probably stick to the Birds.

Harper
                      Realmuto
                      Segura
                      McCutchen
                      Robertson

Phenomenal.

Do you even know who any of those players are besides Harper?

I doubt it.

Again, stick to football.
                      Last edited by 06hawkalum; 02-24-2019, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Please put me on your ignore list. You literally bring nothing to the table here. The fact that you've edited that last post four times and it's still that bad shows me you're slow. Get bent, crackpot.

Comment

Please put me on your ignore list. You literally bring nothing to the table here. The fact that you've edited that last post four times and it's still that bad shows me you're slow. Get bent, crackpot.
                          Please continue being a miserable old man.

You are very good at it!

Comment

They did well to offset some of that spending with the Realmuto and Segura deals, but yeah, they’re definitely going to overpay for Harper. But they were going to with or without the “stupid money” comment.

Comment

If the reports are true at 330... I don't hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                                If the reports are true at 330... I don't hate it.
                                Nope... not with all of the $375-$400M insanity that's been floated for the last few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X