No announcement yet.

Bryce Harper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a website "newspaper" that makes up comic stories about current events across all subjects.

Below is a link to one of the most clever bits I think they've done to make a point that's been made here repeatedly about Washington's NFL team name:

https://www.theonion.com/redskins-ki...ive-1819575738

Click on the logo if you'd like to read the most current edition of the website.
    Last edited by slag; 02-20-2019, 10:51 AM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Why are people so prone to accepting obviously fake news, memes, and satire as actual news?

It's the reason Trump is POTUS.

Pro tips for improving your capacity for critical thinking, a crucial skill most Americans lack:

1. Your Facebook feed is NOT a legitimate news service.

2. Do your fucking research. NEVER trust, ALWAYS verify.

Comment

You may want to sit this one out, champ.

Comment

Winston Churchill said the best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter, and I have a feeling he'd be including that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Winston Churchill said the best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter, and I have a feeling he'd be including that guy.
            You are illustrating my point perfectly. There is no evidence that Churchill ever uttered those words:

https://winstonchurchill.org/publica...ll-never-said/

Comment

Bwahahaha ... according to who?

Comment

Bwahahaha ... according to who?
                I included a link.

He also never made the oft-repeated quip about being a liberal in youth and a conservative as an adult.
                Last edited by 06hawkalum; 02-20-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

The link to an organization that simply claims no attribution because they haven't found one?

More importantly, whether he said it or not doesn't take anything from its point.

In fact, I bet you wish you had said it about Trump voters.
                  Last edited by slag; 02-20-2019, 01:33 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

You got played by a sacrcastic website

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                    I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS.
                    It’s like you have onion on your face now.

Comment

OK. COOL. THANKS. WON'T BE THE LAST TIME. CERTAINLY NOT THE FIRST TIME. GOOD THING I LIKE ONIONS!
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Its a website "newspaper" that makes up comic stories about current events across all subjects.

Below is a link to one of the most clever bits I think they've done to make a point that's been made here repeatedly about Washington's NFL team name:

https://www.theonion.com/redskins-ki...ive-1819575738

Click on the logo if you'd like to read the most current edition of the website.
                        NICE. DAMN I'M SO F'N GULLIBLE SOMETIMES. FIRST TIME I'VE EVER SEEN THAT SITE, AND WILL BE THE LAST TIME I GO THERE.
                        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 02-20-2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                          It’s like you have onion on your face now.
                          ACTUALL SAW VIDEO ON SPORTS PHILADELPHIA, I THINK. I USUALLY DON'T HIT UP ANY WEBSITES EXCEPT OUR SPORTS TEAMS.

Comment

This thread has it all...

Comment

Stop posting this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                                Stop posting this nonsense.
                                The truth hurts. We are a nation of dumbasses who let talking heads on the radio and TV do our thinking for us.

It's why Phillies fans are falling for the fake rumours regarding Harper

"Oh, the man on Twitter says Harper doesn't like Philly and has turned down multiple 300M deals. It must be true!!!"

Our public school system has been failing us for decades and our chickens have come home to roost.
                                Last edited by 06hawkalum; 02-20-2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X