Jim Bowden says get the cheesesteaks ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Bowden says get the cheesesteaks ready

"And they are going to sign Trout in two years, by the way. Harper and Trout have texted back and forth throughout this process. Harper reached out to Trout to ask him about Philadelphia. Mike Trout and Harper are going to be on this team in two years"

https://twitter.com/JoeGiglioSports/...32885251751936

I think it'll be a little harder to get Trout via FA than via trade, IMHO.

If there's one thing Trout has made clearer, it's that he wants to win. The Angels project as a .500 squad this year and Trout has said he won't engage in extension talks during the season (and possibly next season?). If the Angels start playing poorly, it's possible Trout will make it clear he's not looking to extend. In that case, the Angels HAVE to trade him or else run into the possibility of letting him walk for nothing.

Trout also has a full no trade clause.

So, I think the best chance for the Phils is to play well and then be an idea landing spot for Trout. I think part of the Realmuto trade was keeping Bohm/Moniak/Haseley/Garcia together as they might be the ideal package for Trout. If the Angels can't wow Trout with a godfather offer, I don't see him wanting to stay if the team does not look like it will improve. And in that scenario, he would have a lot of control in where they can trade him (or risk on losing him for nothing).

So, I'd set the trout OU date as July 31, 2020. Maybe earlier to get more value, but I think the Angels still believe they can keep him. With Moreno, it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
      "And they are going to sign Trout in two years, by the way. Harper and Trout have texted back and forth throughout this process. Harper reached out to Trout to ask him about Philadelphia. Mike Trout and Harper are going to be on this team in two years"

https://twitter.com/JoeGiglioSports/...32885251751936
      I hope that is right, those 2 in the OF and a couple quality starters and this team could be in the running year in and out.

Comment

Working...
      X