Harper Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harper Press Conference

He just alluded to Trout coming to the Phillies. "There's a guy coming off the books in two years"
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    He just alluded to Trout coming to the Phillies. "There's a guy coming off the books in two years"
    I think Harper probably won a lot of doubters over with the PC.

Seems like a really grounded, sincere dude who has matured significantly since he was 19 and truly "gets it."
    Last edited by 06hawkalum; 03-02-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

He just alluded to Trout coming to the PHillies. "There's a guy coming off the books in two years"
      Trout will 100% be a Phillie, its was he wants, Harper, the city, the owners. He will never sign an extension with the Angels.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
        Trout will 100% be a Phillie, its was he wants, Harper, the city, the owners. He will never sign an extension with the Angels.
        Lets not kid ourselves, He’s going where the most money is. When did he say Philadelphia is where he wants to be?

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
          Lets not kid ourselves, He’s going where the most money is. When did he say Philadelphia is where he wants to be?
          True, but Harper did preface his remark by saying he made the deal he did with the intention of giving the Phillies room to sign another big time player.
          --------

Comment

August 3, 2017 is when he said it.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Did you listen to the PC...he stated it over and over again.

What more do you want???

Comment

True, but Harper did preface his remark by saying he made the deal he did with the intention of giving the Phillies room to sign another big time player.
                Harper and Trout are buddies. They’ve been talking all off season. Harper doesn’t say what he said today if he and Trout didn’t discuss playing in Philly together.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                  Harper and Trout are buddies. They’ve been talking all off season. Harper doesn’t say what he said today if he and Trout didn’t discuss playing in Philly together.
                  Yup.

No Harper = No Trout

Harper = John The Baptist

Trout = Sweet Baby Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    I tend to agree. This may be the rare occasion where a player convinces another player to chose Philadelphia. Ironically, it may have been Trout that did the convincing.
                    --------

Comment

I don't think this is entirely true

Trout wants to win. The Angels really haven't proven they'll contend and that might be enough to make Trout disinterested in a contract extension. I agree that it doesn't have to be Philly, but I expect Trout to want to play for a winning franchise.

And if the Angels haven't resigned him by next Spring Training AND they start the season poorly, I really have to think they'll trade him. Harper to Philly O/U is July 31, 2020.

Comment

It doesn't *have* to be Philly, but I think it's safe to say the Phillies are his first choice and a very solid favorite.

You're probably right... it's likely to go down via trade if the Angels aren't competing next summer.

Comment

Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happyyyyyyyy
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                          X