• Show
Clear All

• I'd be hesitant

to book a flight on a 737 MAX 8.

Just saying.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/10/afric...ntl/index.html
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Looks like that's one of the planes Southwest is flying to Hawaii.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

According to Boeing it’s the pilots’ responsibility to turn off the automatic maneuvering system when it appears malfunctioning, instead of Boring’s responsibility to fix the system. ��

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        According to Boeing it’s the pilots’ responsibility to turn off the automatic maneuvering system when it appears malfunctioning, instead of Boring’s responsibility to fix the system. ��
        Maybe the system should be completely disabled and/or planes grounded until they figure out why it is apparently causing crashes?

I imagine there are some pretty interesting internal discussions going on at Boeing right now.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Just booked a trip with AA...and I admit to looking at the plane models expected for each flight. Good old Airbus 319s and 320s (never thought I'd say that).

Comment

Imagine if Kelly Green was due to fly on one of these?

He'd be clutching the rabbit's foot and the papal medallion with his sausage links!

Comment

China already grounded its entire fleet of 737 Max 8’s. I’m thinking they expect Boeing to fix the problem.

I have to believe that since Boeing knows the problem, they know the solution. Train your pilots isn’t good enough.
              Last edited by RSE; 03-11-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X