X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm ... interesting alternative

at what should be a significantly lower price

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...refers-eagles/

EDITED TO ADD: Somewhat ironic is that there is $10 million in non-guaranteed money that the Bucs would free up in cap space (they're in cap hell) ... and, if memory serves me correctly, this is the exact amount that the Eagles took off their books when they let him walk to the Foreskins.
    Last edited by slag; 03-11-2019, 07:25 AM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Originally posted by slag View Post

Worth considering at the right price, especially if he wants to be back.

Chump screwed him over. Chump screwed over a lot of good players.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

EDITED TO ADD: Somewhat ironic is that there is $10 million in non-guaranteed money that the Bucs would free up in cap space (they're in cap hell) ... and, if memory serves me correctly, this is the exact amount that the Eagles took off their books when they let him walk to the Foreskins.
      Before he got injured at the end of last season, he looked very good.

Comment

I’d say wait it out...

Bucks will have to cut him...don’t think there will be much market competition for him prior.

Get him on the cheap ( prolly lower than he thinks he will get) and at age 32 sign him to a 1 year deal and see if the wheels hold up.

Meanwhile keep an eye out in the draft for a mid round talent....assuming we keep Arugala.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

He's not worth a draft pick. He's not a winner. If they can get him for nothing and sign him for a low amount, sure, bring him him in and give him a short leash.

Comment

Wait till he is released then pounce, give him an incentive contract and let him run
            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

He led the NFL in yards per reception last season at age 32. He’s led the NFL in yards per reception three times in the five seasons since Chump cut him.

Jackson may have lost a step but he’s still one of the fastest men in the league. He still demands attention. The Eagles had no deep threat last season and it showed.

Not to mention he usually tears the Eagles’ secondary a new asshole when he plays them.
              Last edited by RSE; 03-11-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Jackson is the active leader in career yards per reception. Josh Gordon is second in “active” player yards per reception, and after him no one else is close.

The kicker? Third is Torrey Smith.

Comment

There are a few individuals when you see them live who do things that make you think they are from another planet ... Jackson running on a football field was that guy for me.

I'm sure there are a few others with his kind of speed, but the only other guy I've ever seen in person who was close is Ichiro beating throws to first from Derek Jeter on two routine grounders to short.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

If he's cut by the bucs, he'll be worth looking into. Torrey smith got 15/3 at age 28 (and probably less success that Djax). If Jackson wants the same deal, he'd be worth the price. Especially with non-guaranteed back-end years
                    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-11-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

i would not trade a pick for him. i would consider signing him to a low, 1 year, team friendly deal but am leaning towards not wanting him to return to the team.

I worry about his attitude polluting younger guys, etc. Sometimes these parting of the ways were for the best. We did win a SB without him.
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-11-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I'd like to think he's a little more mature at this point in his career. I don't recall hearing about any problems the last few years and he still performs. I would love to bring him back but agree about not trading a pick.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          I'd like to think he's a little more mature at this point in his career. I don't recall hearing about any problems the last few years and he still performs. I would love to bring him back but agree about not trading a pick.
                          There were issues. The Bucs went into full-smear mode at the end of last season:

https://sports.yahoo.com/desean-jack...153112204.html

(and now they're trying to get something for him. LOL)

Comment

Hmm interesting. Sadly we did the same thing to him on the way out the door. I'll be optimistic and say that he'd "behave himself" in our locker room. I think it is one of the better places for players to come and fit in around the league at this point.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He’s a receiver.

“I see your spots, leopard!”
                              Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-11-2019, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X