Vet under construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vet under construction

No sound but overall brings back a lot of memories of the place for me.

--------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Classic video

I miss it

Comment

In many ways it was a better fan experience than the Linc.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        In many ways it was a better fan experience than the Linc.
        Which ways?

Are you sure that isn't nostalgia talking?

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
          Which ways?

One way in which the Vet was better is that it was a lot easier to get into and around the stadium. More gates, more ramps, more concourses.

My seats at the Linc are close to the steps to the headshop plaza so I don't have it so bad but I think for people in the upper deck it's a lot more difficult to access. My seats at the Vet were in the 600 level and I used to hang out at halftime with friends with seats in the 700 level all of the time.
          --------

Comment

Seats were bigger ... atmosphere was rowdier and more intimidating ... although we got close to that level when Foles was face masked last year
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              Seats were bigger
              The rows were wider as well. At the Vet it was possible to let someone normally sized out of the row by swinging your knees to the side. At the Linc anytime anybody wants to leave the row you have to stand up to let them pass.
              --------

Comment

Less Money in stands, defiantly waaaaay more intimidating to Visiting teams

I loved the concrete Monster...still miss it...was dank kinda dirty but it was home. Have memories of going in early and watching the opposing Wr's walk the field, counting the nails; Ahh the good Ole days!..saw a few good concerts there too....lots of great Memories

Here is one of my fav home games I was ever @....also the M Irvine game, being a pussy and breaking his own neck,,,classic!

OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                  Which ways?

VET WAS ALL AROUND BETTER. BEST HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE IN THE LEAGUE.

AND THE SINKS WERE LOW ENOUGH TO PISS IN!
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I collapsed a lung there. Section 724, 4th & 1 game, December '95. Stayed til the end and then went straight to the ER at Jefferson. One of my happiest Vet memories.

I loved that dump.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                      I collapsed a lung there. Section 724, 4th & 1 game, December '95. Stayed til the end and then went straight to the ER at Jefferson. One of my happiest Vet memories.

I loved that dump.
                      Thing is it really wasn't a dump for the first couple of decades it was open. I think at some point they stopped maintaining it and the combination of no maintenance and age caused it to become a dump.

Probably after Camden Yards opened. The design became functionally obsolete at that time. It was still good enough to host the MLB All Star game in 1996.
                      --------

Comment

PS Speaking of All Star games, Philadelphia is due to host one sometime soon, IMO.
                        --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                          PS Speaking of All Star games, Philadelphia is due to host one sometime soon, IMO.

Comment

The scoreboards and the bathroom situation is better at the Linc. That’s it.

In the 100 level the cant of the seating is not steep enough for a child or a short adult to see the field well at all.

Rows are longer. If you are in seat 12 or 13 in the 200 level you have to get past 11 people to get out.

At the Vet I was out of my section and meeting IE at halftime in a minute. It took me three minutes just to get of my 200 level section.
                            Last edited by RSE; 03-13-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

The field, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X