Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PARKING IS GOING TO BE EVEN HARDER AT STADIUM AREA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PARKING IS GOING TO BE EVEN HARDER AT STADIUM AREA.

http://https://www.barstoolsports.com/philadelphia/philadelphia-is-building-a-new-50-million-esports-arena-cementing-itself-as-the-greatest-sports-city-in-the-world

AND PROBABLY RAISE PARKING FEES TO MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE. THEY'RE GETTING READY TO PRICE ME OUT OF GOING TO THE GAMES I'M AFRAID.
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 03-26-2019, 01:45 AM.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

It would be nice if they gave more specific location info. But yeah, it might create a bit of a shit show. We'll have to keep our options open, I guess.

Comment

I'M GUESSING IT'S ONE OF THE LOTS NEXT TO INFINITY.

SO IT'S A VENUE TO GO WATCH PEOPLE PLAY VIDEO GAMES.

MAYBE I'M OLD BUT DO PEOPLE ACTUALLY DO THAT?

I'M TRYING TO GET MY STEPSON AWAY FROM STARING AND SCREAMING AT COMPUTER GAMES AND GET OUTSIDE AND THROW A DAMN BALL.

YEAH THIS WILL HELP.

THE LAST VIDEO GAME I PLAYED WAS ASTEROIDS WHEN IT WAS BRAND NEW.

BY THE LOOKS OF THE BUILDING THEY'LL USE IT FOR CONCERTS ALSO.

PARKING GOING TO BE A BITCH.
      Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 03-26-2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

funny you should say that, Sunday real late afternoon and done watching madness was flipping and on ABC was Esports tournament for Overwatch. Was teams of six and didn't really know what the hell was going on but these kids are sponsored and make a LOT of money with advertisements and there was a pretty good crowd so their must be some people who like this and enjoy watching so maybe tell your kid to get good and make some money.
        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

ITS ON THE TUBE? YEA I GUESS I TURNED INTO MY GRANDFATHER. I DON'T GET IT.
          Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 03-26-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

My son used to play Halo, and he went to some tournaments. It was fun to watch, and I know a couple of those kids did go on to be professional players (one of them is a majorly hot girl - look up Bonnie Burton, a.k.a. "Xena"). It seemed like a tiny niche market, though.

I'm told that Overwatch is an incredibly complex game, and there is plenty to for an audience to see. I don't doubt that...but I wonder how long the bubble will last. Building huge arenas for it seems way too speculative at this point.

Comment

Yeah it went so fast as a spectator I barely knew what was going on.
              On Trumps handicap

Comment

Virginity Live!

Comment

True dat, yeah these kids had no shot at getting laid!
                  On Trumps handicap

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                    My son used to play Halo, and he went to some tournaments. It was fun to watch, and I know a couple of those kids did go on to be professional players (one of them is a majorly hot girl - look up Bonnie Burton, a.k.a. "Xena"). It seemed like a tiny niche market, though.

I'm told that Overwatch is an incredibly complex game, and there is plenty to for an audience to see. I don't doubt that...but I wonder how long the bubble will last. Building huge arenas for it seems way too speculative at this point.
                    OK, WELL, EVERY SPORT THERE EVER WAS THERE WAS SOMEONE SAYING I DON'T GET IT WHEN IT STARTED UP.

MAYBE THEY'RE ON TO SOMETHING.

Comment

There's a huge following of gaming streamers (twitch) online. Not only does the streaming service make loads of cash (as far as I can tell), but the actual streamers do too - just kids in front of computers. It's not competitive, but more entertainment, I think (although, it can be competitive as well). I think a major part of the value is the "commentary" offered by the people streaming, but maybe I'm wrong.

This is straight competition, including some games that are streamed. I can't say I'll be watching early, but whatever floats their boat. I play video games and enjoy them, but this isn't really for me.

Comment

I NEVER WAS INTO ANY OF THAT, BUT I'M OLDER AND IT JUST WASN'T AROUND. NOW IF YA WANT TO HAVE A PHILLY STREET GAME TOURNAMENT, I'M IN.
                        HALF BALL WITH PIMPLE BALLS WAS THE SHIT BACK IN THE DAY.

Comment

BACK TO MY MAIN POINT. I HOPE PARKING ISN'T THE DISASTER I THINK IT MAY BE. LOSING A TON OF SPOTS BETWEEN THE CONSTRUCTION AND ALL THE MATERIALS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION.
                          I REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS LIKE WHEN THEY TORE DOWN JFK FOR THE FIRST UNION CENTER. WE GOT CHASED OUT OF A FEW SPOTS WE SET UP.

Comment

keep our fingers crossed

that the franchise will think of its Blue collar fan base.. I know its alot to park, food,beer, ice, tickets,,,its not getting cheaper
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

I guess the Jetsons were wrong

Instead of watching robots play football, it's zombies watching people play with computers.

Comment

Working...
                              X