Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched the Sixers for the first time all season

For the fourth quarter yesterday.

Simmons was invisible. Embiid was abominable. Nothing the two of them did came off.

Jimmy Butler was trying to do too much.

The rest of the squad was shit. Mike Scott is CBA quality.

Once in a while a team while have a game like that. Poor execution all around. Can’t blame Brown for this one.

Toronto is no better. Sixers can win this series.

Ben Jenner's 'game' literally drives me fucking insane, man. I feel like screaming.

every mother f-ing trip up the court he does the same mF'ing thing.

the D NEVVVVVVVVER has to respect him outside of the paint. His refusal to even attempt to develop a J or take them in a game in fucking infuriating.

I am starting to believe he never will. And, if that's the case, I'd rather trade him than pay him. I highly doubt he will re-up in Philly anyway when his deal is up. His game is 100% soft and deserves to be in Lakerland where he can go market the fuck out of himself with the Kardashians.

Fuck, I'm pissed off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      Ben Jenner's 'game' literally drives me fucking insane, man. I feel like screaming.

every mother f-ing trip up the court he does the same mF'ing thing.

the D NEVVVVVVVVER has to respect him outside of the paint. His refusal to even attempt to develop a J or take them in a game in fucking infuriating.

I am starting to believe he never will. And, if that's the case, I'd rather trade him than pay him. I highly doubt he will re-up in Philly anyway when his deal is up. His game is 100% soft and deserves to be in Lakerland where he can go market the fuck out of himself with the Kardashians.

Fuck, I'm pissed off.
      He needs to learn how to screen off the ball & be creative in that aspect. Brown should be running some simple entries for him to screen for JJ when the defender is way off him

Comment

Simmons has never once shown the desire (or balls) to pull up and take a 10 footer when the D is standing under the basket anticipating a drive to the rim/kick out.

And, I'm seriously starting to doubt he ever will.

Comment

Simmons has never once shown the desire (or balls) to pull up and take a 10 footer when the D is standing under the basket anticipating a drive to the rim/kick out.

So, basically, you are saying “The Process” squandered all the picks it brought?

I don’t know much about pro BB but it seems to me you need a dominant player.

Hell, Iverson almost did it when paired with Miutomb
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Embiid and Butler are your cornerstones. Simmons is gonna bounce outta here for the LA life as soon as he's able anyway.
            Last edited by Ellsworth; 05-06-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

During the Nets series, they were playing this zone that was begging Simmons to basically shoot a ten foot jumper. It reminded me of Cuse's zone - there's always that opening right by the free throw line. Simmons never shot.

Boban later found himself in that spot and started taking (and making) those jumpers every time. Nets had to change their D. That was infuriating. I know I have defended the guy all day, but, yeah, you have to shoot the wide open 10 footer. Even if you make 30% of them, it makes a huge difference to the flow of the game.

If he doesn't make any strides this offseason it would certainly be reasonable to want to move on. Stinks, because he has all the talent in the world and already exceeds at so many things.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I don't wanna be 'THE SKY IS FALLING!!!' guy today. But, Simmons doesn't have holes in his game. He has craters.

And, i'm starting to really think they'll always be there.

Hypothetical Question -- if Knicks pulled #1 pick would you offer Simmons for it and take Morant or Zion? I think I would do that. Especially because I don't think he will re-up in Philly after his rookie deal.
                Last edited by Ellsworth; 05-06-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I don't think the Knicks would consider it.

Too bad Magic's gone. He was the one you could fleece in a Simmons deal.

Comment

HOW THE HELL CAN A PRO PLAYER NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO SHOOT AN 8 TO 10 FOOT JUMP SHOT?

I SEE IT EVERY DAY ON THE PLAYGROUND.

SERIOUS QUESTION.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

How, after a lifetime of playing the game, you can reach this level and have zero ability to shoot the basketball boggles the mind. When you're alone with a basketball on a court, in a driveway, anywhere with a hoop and a net... there's nothing to do BUT shoot. What the hell else are you working on?

Comment

All of this critique of Simmons is unacceptable. He's an elite player.
                        Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

He's not a good shooter by NBA standards, that's for sure, but I don't think it is so much that he "can't" shoot. He just doesn't shoot. I don't think it even occurs to him in the heat of the moment.

I saw an interview with him in college wherein he was asked why he never takes jump shots. His answer was, essentially, "why would I shoot jumpers when I can get to the paint at will." That's been his game his whole life and in the moment, we always revert back to what we know. When Simmons gets the ball 15 feet out with 5 feet of space, he doesn't think "open jumper," he thinks "5 foot head start to the lane."

Before it sounds like I'm making excuses for him, I actually think this is a worse problem than if he just wasn't a good shooter. Jason Kidd was a bad shooter by NBA standards when he was a rookie. He improved. Simmons needs to change his whole approach to the game. That's what it seems like to me and that's not as easy as simply shooting extra jumpers in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                            He's not a good shooter by NBA standards, that's for sure, but I don't think it is so much that he "can't" shoot. He just doesn't shoot. I don't think it even occurs to him in the heat of the moment.

I saw an interview with him in college wherein he was asked why he never takes jump shots. His answer was, essentially, "why would I shoot jumpers when I can get to the paint at will." That's been his game his whole life and in the moment, we always revert back to what we know. When Simmons gets the ball 15 feet out with 5 feet of space, he doesn't think "open jumper," he thinks "5 foot head start to the lane."

Before it sounds like I'm making excuses for him, I actually think this is a worse problem than if he just wasn't a good shooter. Jason Kidd was a bad shooter by NBA standards when he was a rookie. He improved. Simmons needs to change his whole approach to the game. That's what it seems like to me and that's not as easy as simply shooting extra jumpers in the gym.
                            It's like he doesn't realize that adding a jumper will make it easier for him to drive.
                            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

That's kind of what I'm saying - it's not logical for him to not want to shoot. It will help his game. A decent jumper would make him impossible to defend. He says he wants to be a hall of fame player. That's not happening without this adjustment. He has to know it.

It strikes me as not being a matter of logic or skill, but more so overcoming his current predisposition which seems set in stone. He has to want to change - but if he wants to, I'm confident he will.

Comment

Working...
                              X