More Sixers rumors....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Sixers rumors....

....Simmons for LeBron trade is being discussed on CBS Sports page.

Could work??

I’m not a devout follower but what I’ve seen of Simmons just screams weak link....and he has a hard on for LaLa land.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

All these idiots in the media still don't get it

Originally posted by Raptor View Post

Could work??

I’m not a devout follower but what I’ve seen of Simmons just screams weak link....and he has a hard on for LaLa land.
    LeBron didn’t go to LA to win or for basketball reasons, at least not primarily.

He’s happy living the LA lifestyle with his family settled down and his kids enrolled in school here. Apparently his wife was miserable when they moved back to Cleveland from Miami.

He’s not demanding a trade and if they did want to trade him I’d put money on him refusing. Still, whoever is calling the shots for the Lakers would never trade him because his marketing/business value alone far exceeds the cost of his contract.

Comment

The CBS “article” is some of the most shameless clickbait I’ve ever ever seen. Like “One Weird Trick” level awful.

Comment

Could work??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Could work??

Simmons is fine if he can start hitting over 80% of his FTs. Fuck LeBron at this point. I'd love to see Klay here, though *with* Ben and Embiid.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            Simmons is fine if he can start hitting over 80% of his FTs. Fuck LeBron at this point. I'd love to see Klay here, though *with* Ben and Embiid.
            80%....I highly doubt that ever happens. All Simmons has to get to is as good of a shot as the mediocre shooter at the Y. The problem is that he is super far from that. He jumps off the screen with his basketball IQ, and ability to get to where he wants, but he's up there with guys like Deandre Jordan in lacking shooting ability. I would guess he's top 10...in NOT being able to shoot.

He needs to do what they were talking about in this series with Kawhi. Start in getting a 6 foot range, adding a floater, or baby hook. Then move out to eight foot jumpshots, etc. Every foot he adds in range will add wins and make this team tougher going forward, and take him from an all star level to closer to impossible to stop.

The "trade him trade him" seems incredibly short sighted. He just needs a coach to force him to expand his game, or hopefully all the criticism he's received motivates him to try more of those shots. He'd be better tomorrow if he was just willing to take and miss those shots. Right now, defenders can sag off, just elevate once he's in the paint, and he's STILL tough to stop.
            Last edited by udontknowme; 05-14-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X