Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else think Wentz needs preseason reps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else think Wentz needs preseason reps?

I mean dude hasn't seen regular season action while fully healthy in a while. And if you believe you have to protect him in bubble wrap then maybe 108 mill guaranteed wasn't such a good move? (Sarcasm on the contract)

I don't care how hard practices are he needs to go against other teams to see some live game action or games 1 & 2 will be his preseason and most likely won't be such great performances. I may be wrong but I would like to see a few series from Wentz.
    Last edited by Spartan92; 08-15-2019, 09:31 AM.

WOULD ONE OR TWO SERIES ACTUALLY HELP? TO DO WHAT, SHOW A VANILLA OFFENSE, HANDING THE BALL OFF AND SHORT PASSES, MAYBE ONE LONG PASS TO DJAX?
    I DON'T SEE THE UPSIDE.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

No

Comment

Jenkins in an Interview said it best

U need to be out there,,,see some game speed, and knock some of that rust off.

I was joking with the wife; Wentz needs to be in one of those Blow up balls you roll down the hills in...then Id feel better

Yeah he needs some reps,,,hoping we see the Starters for 1 qrt in the 3rd game...play every down like your going to be late late hit....Protect!
        Last edited by TRENT; 08-16-2019, 01:45 PM.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

no.

Comment

You really want to put him out there...

with a backup OLine? Peters, Johnson, and Brooks won't play until the season starts, so you risk a freak play like the one that knocked Kessler out last night. Wentz will be fine waiting for the real season. Since TC has been reduced to a shell of itself with the CBA, the month of September has most teams looking sloppy early on, and I think we have enough talent to get on track in game 1. It is a different NFL these days and all teams face the same problem.
            The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Fuck no.

Next week they hold joint practices with the Ravens. That's all Carson needs to be ready.

Comment

Meh. I'll trust in Doug until proven differently.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

he has to atleast play the last preseason game. What the fuck is he just going to go out there and week 1 like superman???????

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                    I mean dude hasn't seen regular season action while fully healthy in a while. And if you believe you have to protect him in bubble wrap then maybe 108 mill guaranteed wasn't such a good move? (Sarcasm on the contract)

I don't care how hard practices are he needs to go against other teams to see some live game action or games 1 & 2 will be his preseason and most likely won't be such great performances. I may be wrong but I would like to see a few series from Wentz.
                    Yes 1 quarter of quick release throws, some hand offs and one bomb to DJ.

Comment

No. Traditionally the third game sees the most starter time, and the last game is all scrubs, since the coaches are trying to make final cut decisions. Having Wentz out there for the final preseason game doesn't make sense.

Comment

I KNOW I'M NOT THE SHARPEST TACK IN THE BOX, BUT SMEGMA MAKES EVERYONE FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES.

SINCE WHEN DID ANY STARTERS EVER PLAY IN THE LAST PRESEASON GAME?

SERIOUS QUESTION. LATE SEVENTIES MAYBE?
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                          Yes 1 quarter of quick release throws, some hand offs and one bomb to DJ.
                          Only if that dickhead is open

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                            I KNOW I'M NOT THE SHARPEST TACK IN THE BOX, BUT SMEGMA MAKES EVERYONE FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES.

SINCE WHEN DID ANY STARTERS EVER PLAY IN THE LAST PRESEASON GAME?

SERIOUS QUESTION. LATE SEVENTIES MAYBE?
                            I mean the next to last, the one when the starters play until 3rd qtr but definitely the 1st half

Comment

Is there a rule regarding that? "All presumptive starters must play at least the first half (and into the 3rd quarter) of the 3rd preseason game."

In case you haven't been paying attention, preseason is dying / evolving right before our eyes. As of today, 12 presumptive starting QBs haven't taken a preseason game snap.
                              WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                              X