Sidney Jones blows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidney Jones blows

Not impressed at all so far in his career. All I hear is he is a training camp star who cares doesn't translate to games. Can't remember a game where he was amazing in?

He's been hurt for like 90% of them. There's a long line of second round failures in the secondary anyway.

I wonder what Jaiquawn Jarrett is up to now...

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
      He's been hurt for like 90% of them. There's a long line of second round failures in the secondary anyway.

I wonder what Jaiquawn Jarrett is up to now...
      I'm not sure why this thread is even here. He was in decent position, a WR fully extended and made a nice catch in a fake game. Big whoop.

Comment

The pressure on Jones seems high, but Gym Shorts has gotten the most out of a lot of less heralded guys in the secondary, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt if Sidney starts week 1.

Also, today's NFL breeds this anyway:

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        I'm not sure why this thread is even here. He was in decent position, a WR fully extended and made a nice catch in a fake game. Big whoop.
        I agree, nbd

Comment

Sidney Jones is Sparty's 2019 Mike Wallace. There will be more of these threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
            Sidney Jones is Sparty's 2019 Mike Wallace. There will be more of these threads.
            Appreciate the warning.

Comment

And Darby?

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
              Not impressed at all so far in his career. All I hear is he is a training camp star who cares doesn't translate to games. Can't remember a game where he was amazing in?
              Waste of cells.
              DB

Comment

Ahahahahaha.

Nice.

Comment

no he will not be my Wallace nice try but it isnt always about being a blind fan and it isnt always about a fake game.

He has been underwhelming since he has played and for a guy highly regarded as a should have been a top 10 if not top 5 pick in his draft year he doesn't look anything like a the top corner he should be.

Just because he may be better than what we have on our team (which isnt saying much at the corner position) doesn't mean he is good or great.

Funny, I remember when all y'all were killing BG for years now you all love him huh. How many BG threads in the past wow. Guess only a few people are allowed to make comments about players on here and others not so much.

Nut up boys!

Comment

Actually look at the play before to Chark he was playing off coverage and Chark ran right by him and had like 3 yards separation but a 3rd string QB couldn't hit him for the catch.

On the one you are referencing, he was playing over 10 yards off the receiver and took a bad angle. He should be paying to undercut the ball with the safety there in position to make the play over the top. His job is to play on his hip under the route.

Comment

Bump lol no one saw Jones coming. Ya Wallace was a bad call too, remind me again why Hollins is starting when that superstar is on his couch at home? Fuck seems I'm wrong alot hahaha

Comment

Bump lol no one saw Jones coming. Ya Wallace was a bad call too, remind me again why Hollins is starting when that superstar is on his couch at home? Fuck seems I'm wrong alot hahaha
                        Some of us hated the pick the day it happened, and posted it here. You figured out there was a problem two and a half years later after he gave up a 12 yard pass in a pre-season game and think you're the second coming of Bill Parcells.

Comment

Some of us hated the pick the day it happened, and posted it here. You figured out there was a problem two and a half years later after he gave up a 12 yard pass in a pre-season game and think you're the second coming of Bill Parcells.
                          Hahahha everyone hated the pick as it didn't help us at the time. Point is people after seeing him play still thought he was good, up to and including the beginning of the year.

Go back on my posts I've had issues with Jones from day 1 while people were bloviating that he was going to be a great slot corner.

Im no Parcells but it doesn't take much to be able to read which players have it and which don't. Where's Wallace?? Shouldn't he be on line 1 right now.

Comment

How many first round picks would it cost to get you to stop posting for a few days? Whatever the cost I’m on board

Comment

Hahahha everyone hated the pick as it didn't help us at the time. Point is people after seeing him play still thought he was good, up to and including the beginning of the year.
                              I hated the pick because achilles tears are the most difficult injury to recover from for a speed position player, AND because he provided no immediate benefit. I want to draft players with the potential to contribute on rookie contacts right away, not a guy who's going to be an automatic write-off for the first quarter of his deal. That's just a reality of the cap era. You want as many productive, cost-controlled players as you can get your hands on.

But once he's on the team, you root for him, hope you were wrong and hope for the best. That's what a lot of us did after he was drafted. And now, we've all seen enough. He's slow and hesitant, and his confidence is shot to hell. He never recovered from the achilles tear, and he most likely never will. The reality is, post-injury, he was never worth more than a 3rd or 4th round flier. I kind of feel bad for the kid. It's not his fault Joe Douglas never bothered to look at the history and impact of achilles tears on speed position players. It was a classic overdraft by a bunch of guys who wanted to hear the press singing their praises for getting "great value". Typical smarter-than-you FO bullshit. We've been seeing it for years.

Comment

Working...
                              X