No announcement yet.

Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 100 yard ko return, two lost fumbles, seven drops and a ton of dumb penalties? Kind of hard to blame this on Wentz.

Comment

Agree...Pedey’s approach is significantly different

Originally posted by royal View Post
      This is true as well. With Foles he would call quick throws and occasionally take a shot. Not sure if its playcalling or Wentz but everything takes forever to develop.
      ....with Wentz vs Foles.

Can only hope he sees it in time.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
        A 100 yard ko return, two lost fumbles, seven drops and a ton of dumb penalties? Kind of hard to blame this on Wentz.
        Exactly!!

I’m baffled on the Wentz hate

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Am I dreaming or did he win games in both 2017 and 2018 while trailing in the 4th? Two against the Giants?

Unless you mean that he’s never won when down by 3 or 4 on the last possession.
          I saw the stat last week, but you're definitely right at least about the 2018 Giants game. Did they have the lead at the start of the quarter, lose it, then get it back? I'll have to find it and see how they're defining "4th quarter comeback".
          Last edited by The Duck; 09-22-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Lol.....I understand

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            I just wanna hate.
            ...this season sucks donkey balls ...more so when you see the talent they have.

Frustrating when all you can do is sit/watch /scream.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I agree with all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                I just wanna hate.
                I'm losing interest.

They won the SB just in time for me.... although the Eagles achieving that goal
                may be part of why I am losing interest.

I will say that is not the only reason I am losing interest. Also need to add that my Vagiant and Jet fans here in NYC are losing interest as well.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Can't deny any of that but...

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                  On the first drive if he puts that ball in front of Hollins (and assuming he catches it and doesn't get called for OPI which are big assumptions) then that's 7 instead of three there.

He also didn't have his safety blanket Ertz open so credit the Lions for the double teams and making Wentz look for alternatives, which as we found out, they don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                    ....with Wentz vs Foles.

Can only hope he sees it in time.
                    I think Pedey has a hard on to prove he is better than Reid Mahomes. Dude has a SB as a HC just win. He is out coaching himself. Sanders 2.7 per clip Howard over 5 per clip but let's feature the rook? Ya makes sense !

Starring to look like Pedey was lightning in a bottle too.

Comment

Officiating sucks. Too many sideshows. If there’s a work stoppage they are in trouble.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                        Exactly!!

I’m baffled on the Wentz hate
                        It's not hate. Nobody is arguing that the receivers weren't horrible today. But these game-ending drives aren't managed well, and they haven't been historically.

But the stat I heard is bogus, because the 2018 closing drive against the Giants game is absolutely a game-winning comeback and he was money on that last pass to Alshon. So he does deserve credit for that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                          No question. He threw a good enough to win the game pass at the end. That's not on him.

But getting into these do or die situations is partially on him. And it's become habitual.
                          I dunno about how much there is to blame on Wentz there. He looks like a good player on a dog shit team right now. The story will get clearer as the season goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by nor'easter View Post
                            On the first drive if he puts that ball in front of Hollins (and assuming he catches it and doesn't get called for OPI which are big assumptions) then that's 7 instead of three there.

He also didn't have his safety blanket Ertz open so credit the Lions for the double teams and making Wentz look for alternatives, which as we found out, they don't have.
                            Ertz is the only real starting caliber player he has to throw to. The problem IMO is they are game planning for Wentz to win the MVP as opposed to the game. When you have no receivers you should run the ball. It also helps keep the defense off the field. I think Doug is putting him in a no win situation.

Comment

He suffers from player love...

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                              I think Pedey has a hard on to prove he is better than Reid Mahomes. Dude has a SB as a HC just win. He is out coaching himself. Sanders 2.7 per clip Howard over 5 per clip but let's feature the rook? Ya makes sense !

Starring to look like Pedey was lightning in a bottle too.
                              ...we’ve seen it with Sproles and I think it applies to Wentz, or maybe he listens to Wentz too much.

The Iggles has their best success when they would run more and the quick release passes.

Did they call a screen today or any RPOs ???

Comment

you don't like starting the game with four straight pass plays and 6 of the 9 on the first drive?

is there a dripping sarcasm emoji?
                                Last edited by nor'easter; 09-22-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X