Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    I'm losing interest.

They won the SB just in time for me.... although the Eagles achieving that goal
    may be part of why I am losing interest.

I will say that is not the only reason I am losing interest. Also need to add that my Vagiant and Jet fans here in NYC are losing interest as well.
    Between the awful officiating and freak injuries determining everything, watching the NFL has become a joyless habit. I don't look forward to the games the way I used to, I don't really get into them like I used to. It's just something I do on Sunday because it's something I've always done on Sunday.

I don't see myself following the league closely for much longer. It's just a matter of finding a new Sunday habit.

Comment

Today I just slept in and recorded the game. I just finished watching this crap job.
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        Between the awful officiating and freak injuries determining everything, watching the NFL has become a joyless habit. I don't look forward to the games the way I used to, I don't really get into them like I used to. It's just something I do on Sunday because it's something I've always done on Sunday.

I don't see myself following the league closely for much longer. It's just a matter of finding a new Sunday habit.
        I feel the same way. Add in the Thursday games and color rush uniforms and it feels like it’s now just a method to get my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
          ...we’ve seen it with Sproles and I think it applies to Wentz, or maybe he listens to Wentz too much.

The Iggles has their best success when they would run more and the quick release passes.

Did they call a screen today or any RPOs ???
          Where have the bootleg passes gone ?

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            A win. He’s not a winner.
            Ya we should give up on him. Maybe it's time to call up Jax and offer him up for Minshew

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
              I feel the same way. Add in the Thursday games and color rush uniforms and it feels like it’s now just a method to get my money.
              Roger Goodell is the antichrist of professional sports.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                Has never won a game when trailing in the 4th quarter. He's failed in every opportunity.

At some point, we're going to need to face reality about this guy.
                you a ungrateful muitherfucker

Comment

The Giants were up 21-14 at one point in the 4th quarter of the 2017 game. They were also up 19-14 entering the 4th quarter of the 2018 game.

Wentz has been credited with a couple other 4th quarter comebacks but I don’t remember the specifics. I think a 4th quarter comeback just involves leading a go-ahead drive (and of course winning) in the 4th. It doesn’t have to be the final possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                    I think Pedey has a hard on to prove he is better than Reid Mahomes. Dude has a SB as a HC just win. He is out coaching himself. Sanders 2.7 per clip Howard over 5 per clip but let's feature the rook? Ya makes sense !

Starring to look like Pedey was lightning in a bottle too.
                    Frank Reich was criticized as a hire but it's clear that this team misses him.

The game planning fucking sucks. No wide receivers and we keep coming out in empty sets. Jordan Howard starts to get in a rhythm and we go away from him. Special teams gifts us an opportunity to pull the game out and we can't even get in FG range starting at the 50 with 2 timeouts.

Other than the 2nd half of the Washington game, Doug has been hot garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      The Giants were up 21-14 at one point in the 4th quarter of the 2017 game. They were also up 19-14 entering the 4th quarter of the 2018 game.

Wentz has been credited with a couple other 4th quarter comebacks but I don’t remember the specifics. I think a 4th quarter comeback just involves leading a go-ahead drive (and of course winning) in the 4th. It doesn’t have to be the final possession.
                      Maybe it was some convoluted stat that requires him to lead a TD drive at the end. It said he was 0-12 after last week, I think. Sounds bogus. I should have dug into it more before citing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                        I think Pedey has a hard on to prove he is better than Reid Mahomes. Dude has a SB as a HC just win. He is out coaching himself. Sanders 2.7 per clip Howard over 5 per clip but let's feature the rook? Ya makes sense !

Starring to look like Pedey was lightning in a bottle too.
                        Agree with lightning in a bottle but I don't think Pedey is trying to prove anything. Hes a great play caller with a feel for the game and also great at handling players.

But he needs a better OC.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I've written and deleted half a dozen threads about Wentz this season. His talent is undeniable but I just don't get a great feeling right now. The injury stuff really bothers me. He holds onto the ball way too long still. Not all on him today by any stretch, they were terrible across the board, but a great qb finds a way to pull that out. I don't know.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I would say that about past games. But today...he hit the dude in the hands. Fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                              I've written and deleted half a dozen threads about Wentz this season. His talent is undeniable but I just don't get a great feeling right now. The injury stuff really bothers me. He holds onto the ball way too long still. Not all on him today by any stretch, they were terrible across the board, but a great qb finds a way to pull that out. I don't know.
                              dont say like foles lol

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                                Agree with lightning in a bottle but I don't think Pedey is trying to prove anything. Hes a great play caller with a feel for the game and also great at handling players.

But he needs a better OC.
                                I don't think you can say one one hand he is a great play caller and in the other hand he needs a better OC. He is the one making the calls and if the team has looked animic its on his shoulders as a play caller. It's painfully clear Reich was the game plan guru. Heck Pedey didn't even call the Philly special it was BDN

Comment

Working...
                                X