In the four years that Doug and Howie have been drafting together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the four years that Doug and Howie have been drafting together

The Eagles have drafted only guys who can’t stay on the field (Wentz, Barnett, Goedert, Mills, Dillard), meh players, and BCJ’s (Jones, Sweat, BCJJ).

A lot of the guys who won Super Bowl 52 were free agents/trades.

Joe Douglas kind of sucked, too.

Comment

“Kind of”?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        “Kind of”?
        I'm overcompensating for being too negative yesterday.

His drafts were actual shit.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          The Eagles have drafted only guys who can’t stay on the field (Wentz, Barnett, Goedert, Mills, Dillard), meh players, and BCJ’s (Jones, Sweat, BCJJ).

A lot of the guys who won Super Bowl 52 were free agents/trades.
          Last year Sidney Jones was essentially a rookie and played like it. So far so good this year if you ask me. Darby’s been the train wreck
          I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

well, FAs and trades the cost draft picks. You pay the piper one way or another.

Howie also had to fill a void of talent caused by Chip just cutting guys like Djax and trading McCoy for a bag of balls and a fucking linebacker named kiko.

I think it's fair to question whether howie's gambit has paid off by constructing an old team with limited (albeit generally pretty high) draft picks. They haven't picked many guys year-to-year for a while and then subsequently decided to rely on youth at places line Dline
            Last edited by JuTMSY4; 09-23-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

To be clear I have absolutely no problem with signing free agents. Without them there is no Lombardi Trophy, exhibit A has a statue at Lincoln Financial Field. It did however compensate for poor drafting.

Comment

Forgot failing to pick Dillard’s college quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                  Last year Sidney Jones was essentially a rookie and played like it. So far so good this year if you ask me. Darby’s been the train wreck
                  Ya Jones looked great on that TD he gave up yesterday.

Comment

I think what I was trying to say was

To be clear I have absolutely no problem with signing free agents. Without them there is no Lombardi Trophy, exhibit A has a statue at Lincoln Financial Field. It did however compensate for poor drafting.
                    Howie ultimately traded some draft capital for those players. Less comp picks and even direct players (eg jernigan, tate). What is concerning is that while he had roll players then, he doesn't have youth depth now. I think the belief generally is that the Eagles have drafted about league average in terms of quality, maybe slightly above that, but with less picks, it's very obvious that you'll produce less quality players.
                    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 09-23-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

maybe we're being too harsh.

Guys like Donnell Pumphrey don't exactly grow on trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                        maybe we're being too harsh.

Guys like Donnell Pumphrey don't exactly grow on trees.
                        You can't cherry pick the busts without mentioning the successes. In two of the first three games, Derrick Barnett almost got close to the quarterback a couple of times. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Comment

Not that I'm defending Barnett (although his fumble recovery in the Super Bowl gets him free drinks in any bar where I am) ... but they expected to have Malik Jackson and Tim Jernigan pushing up the middle along with Cox.

Now they have some lesser percentage of Cox playing with a bevy of jagoffs in there.
                          Last edited by slag; 09-23-2019, 02:51 PM. Reason: typo
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

To be clear I have absolutely no problem with signing free agents.
                            Caveat: No cockaroaches.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                              Nearly every completion it seems either Darby or Jones is 5 and more like 10 yards away. Darby is picked on every week and he is the top CB? Rasul looks to be playing better than either one of those two. Never understood why they re-signed Darby for a year at like 9 million. Also the drafting the past few years is showing and not in a good way.

Comment

Working...
                              X