Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    maybe we're being too harsh.

Guys like Donnell Pumphrey don't exactly grow on trees.
    When you have the chance to get a package of small, slow and injury prone you need to pull trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
      Ya Jones looked great on that TD he gave up yesterday.
      Find me a corner in this league that doesn’t give up touchdowns
      I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        The Eagles have drafted only guys who can’t stay on the field (Wentz, Barnett, Goedert, Mills, Dillard), meh players, and BCJ’s (Jones, Sweat, BCJJ).

A lot of the guys who won Super Bowl 52 were free agents/trades.
        If you look at every draft pick since Wentz, it's almost freakish how bad it's been. Out of 25 draft picks, the biggest contributors on this team right now are Derek Barnett, Sidney Jones, Rasul Douglas, Mack Hollins, Isaac Seumalo, and Miles Sanders. And I'm using the word "contributors" in the loosest sense imaginable.

Whatever you do, don't look at the number of draftees from that same period who are playing for Dallas right now.

Comment

Goeddert, Maddox.

I don't really think you can spend much time on this year's class, but again, if you don't have the number of picks - 25 picks is less than 7 a year.

The Vikings had 12 in 2019, Ravens had 12 in 2018, The Bengals, Vikings and Seahawks all had 11 in 2017 and the Browns had 14 in 2016.

Not to mention, the eagles traded picks for guys like J. Howard, Wentz (multiple years), Jernigan, Tate, etc. They were near the bottom in total picks.

The biggest problem I see isn't so much that they haven't gotten any talent, I actually think all the guys we named are contributors and significant ones, but not a single "home run" named. Barnett's ceiling looks like a fringe pro bowler at best. Maybe sanders works out, but RBs are such a product of the line, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Not that I'm defending Barnett (although his fumble recovery in the Super Bowl gets him free drinks in any bar where I am) ... but they expected to have Malik Jackson and Tim Jernigan pushing up the middle along with Cox.

Now they have some lesser percentage of Cox playing with a bevy of jagoffs in there.
            Barnett is far and away the best player they've drafted since Wentz. I'm being sardonic, but I know he can play if he can stay healthy. If Cox gets back to his old self, and this ankle thing isn't a nagging sprain, DB will get his sacks.

Comment

Goedert has all the makings of a future Andy Harmon/Chris T. Jones/Jamie Asher/Leonard Weaver Memorial Award Winner.

Comment

Sanders appears to have the same running back skills as the last Penn State running back the Eagles drafted.

Comment

Joe put the draft board together

Howie had final say on the picks.
                  It will be interesting to see what happens with the Jets over the next few years when Joe has final say with that team.
                  I just hope the days of drafting big, slow shovel handed receivers is over for the Iggles.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

The bigger problem is drafting a backup TE in the top 45 picks or whatever it was. Howie got too cute.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                      Goeddert, Maddox.

I don't really think you can spend much time on this year's class, but again, if you don't have the number of picks - 25 picks is less than 7 a year.

The Vikings had 12 in 2019, Ravens had 12 in 2018, The Bengals, Vikings and Seahawks all had 11 in 2017 and the Browns had 14 in 2016.

Not to mention, the eagles traded picks for guys like J. Howard, Wentz (multiple years), Jernigan, Tate, etc. They were near the bottom in total picks.

The biggest problem I see isn't so much that they haven't gotten any talent, I actually think all the guys we named are contributors and significant ones, but not a single "home run" named. Barnett's ceiling looks like a fringe pro bowler at best. Maybe sanders works out, but RBs are such a product of the line, who knows.
                      I didn't forget Maddox and Goedert, they're just not contributing right now. Goedert has been a net-negative through three games, and Maddox seems to have gotten himself hurt or benched (only 23 snaps yesterday).

The trades got us a Super Bowl (Jernigan, Ajayi, and to a lesser extent Darby), but we're paying for it now. And Tate... we traded a third round pick for one big catch and a playoff win. If Desean comes back 100% and Howard starts making an impact, we could have something to show for those later picks that might turn the season around.

I have no idea what Jones is yet, and we're in year three... which is why I hated the pick to begin with. Especially in that CB loaded draft class (Dallas locked up two of their three CB spots with that draft). I have no complaints about Rasul, he can play and he shows consistent improvement out there.

Seumalo has been all over the fucking road. At times solid, at other times one of the worst starting interior lineman in the game. And he's on a really ugly-bad streak right now. I have no idea what he is, and we're in year four.

You said it, the biggest issue is the lack of a single home run. Dallas got Dak, Jaylon and LVE, a damn good DT in Maliek Collins, a nice looking receiver in Gallup, a nice RB2 in Pollard, and some other developmental pieces in that time. They also got Amari Cooper for last year's first rounder. At this moment, they're running circles around the Eagles as far as draft day ROI goes.

I assume Sanders and BCJJ will get better, and Dillard will play, and Goedert will start making plays, and Barnett will start making an impact, and Maddox will get back on the field... if all or most of that happens, things will balance out a bit. But right now, at this moment, the scorecard is pretty gross.
                      Last edited by The Duck; 09-23-2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

We all sniggered when Howie got him before JERRUH could.

He’s shown flashes, but what the fuck was that drop in the end zone? Billy McMullen was laughing at him.

Comment

Depending on Jernigan is like expecting 16 games with zero early exists from 71

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                            We all sniggered when Howie got him before JERRUH could.

He’s shown flashes, but what the fuck was that drop in the end zone? Billy McMullen was laughing at him.
                            Whenever we start hee-hawing too much (stealing Goedert, Dak, the Amari Cooper trade, now Daniel Jones), it always seems to come back around and bite us in the ass.

Comment

Bwah! Tony hunt??

Comment

Think about it. It’s true.

Comment

Working...
                                X